“great atmosphere, good food, average service”

The Spotted Horse Tavern
Ranked #3 of 166 Restaurants in Westport
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

i like this place because i really love the look and feel, and the food is pretty tasty. that said, for a tavern, the beer selection sucks, and service is spotty at best (depends on who you get).

There are newer reviews for The Spotted Horse Tavern

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went to the Spotted Horse 3 times since June, once for lunch, twice for dinner. The food is pretty good, but the service is consistently subpar. Either you are waiting a long time for something, or getting rushed out the door, or the food doesn't come out hot or it's not the way you asked for it. I prefer its sister restaurant, The Gray Goose, in Southport. Same food, better service.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have been eating at The Spotted Horse Tavern since it opened. The menu is smaller than some other places, but I think this is what helps ensure consistency.

The ambiance is lovely and I really like how they have decorated the place. I would describe it as a gastro-pub very well done.

I have tried many of the things on the menu and all have been good.

A word of warning - reservations are not taken. Therefore if you are planning to go for an evening meal, allow 1-2 hours wait....but it is worth it!

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My first experience here was not great but I gave it a second try. This time the manager was present , the service perfect and the food decent. They do not take reservations for the outside tables but if you have a reservation you are given preferential treatment for these coveted few tables - lunch and dinner are very busy so I highly recommend you make a reservation.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We recently had dinner at the spotted horse. We went on a Saturday night and had a very, very long wait. Almost 2 hours to be seated. The bar was very crowded - so the wait wasn't that enjoyable. We finally were seated and ordered dinner. I had the salmon and risotto and husband had a burger. Both were good, but nothing special. The waiter was not especially nice either. Overall - the restaurant was ok - but we probably won't be back.