“Nice place”
Review of Shake Shack

Shake Shack
Ranked #22 of 173 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: American
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This Shake Shack is located right off of Rt 95 and we always stop by for a quick bite whenever we're taking a road trip to New York city. The food is good and the place is nice and always clean. It is a self serve but the people behind the counter are friendly and helpful. The custards there are very good. The burgers are okay and definitely a couple of steps above most fast food joints, but it is by no means a contender to burgers at a steakhouse or even UNO or the Cheesecake factory, they're less expensive too so I guess you would expect that.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Every time I am talked into going here I leave withe the same thought. What are all these people doing here? The service is slow. The food is average at best. The menu is small. And the place is often not clean. We went after a movie and the place was virtually empty. It still took ten minutes to get our order, although there were plenty of people in the kitchen, including a woman who was hanging around without proper kitchen attire. Our table was sticky and we had to wipe it down ourselves. Maybe "poor is being generous. The best thing I can say about it is that I didn't get sick. Maybe the attraction is being able to get a burger and fries without the stigma of going to a McDonalds.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Since this Shake Shack opened in Westport the lines have been ridiculous. Some was recently killed crossing the Post Road (a major roadway), having parked across the way because the Shake Shack parking lot was full.

So a late evening (9:00 pm) mid-week dinner seemed like a perfect opportunity to try this.

Ho-hum.

The best I can say is that the "Shake Burger" was better than I would imagine a McDonald's burger (I have never eaten a McDonald's hamburger and never will).

For a really good local burger, try Black Duck or Mario's.

I'm glad I didn't wait on line.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having just moved here, two people had recommended this place for a casual burger and fries where you can get a beer or glass of wine. At 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon the place was busy and we had high hopes. We placed our order for two burgers, two orders of fries and one craft, locally made beer. Cha-ching! $24! We were excited because for $24 we were expecting an awesome burger and we were hungry. As we made our way to our seats we saw other peoples burgers and wondered if ours would be the size of a small McDonald's cheeseburger like theirs were. Our buzzer, indicating that our food was ready, went off several minutes later. We picked up our food and saw that the line to order was really long. Both burgers were ordered with all the "veggies", the only difference was one was to have the spicy mayo on the side. Only one had veggies plus the may and the other had just the mayo with some more mayo on the side. With the line being so long, we decided to just deal with it and eat them the way they were. Oh, and yes, they were small. The mayo was fine. The fries were deep fried frozen crinkle cut (nothing spectacular but good) and my husband enjoyed his beer very much. But, for $24, the portions were small, the service not great, the food was ok. We planned to get shakes to go (for dessert) but the line was long and frankly if the food was just ok, why would we want to spend another $10 for two shakes that would probably just be "ok". We won't return...but now we can say we've been there.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The solid ShakeShake Quality and service. The selections here are the same as all the other locations, however, the lines are shorter, the venue is spacious and parking is ample.