“Great Ambiance ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: Directly across Charles street from Metro North Westport Station.
Description: Joe Bastianich, Andy Nusser and Nancy Selzer- the team behind Tarry Lodge in Port Chester and Michelin-starred Casa Mono- opened Tarry Lodge in Westport in the summer of 2011. The menu features Nusser's signature hand-made pastas, fritti, and succulent meats cooked to order over a wood fired grill. Located directly across Charles Street from the Westport Train Station, Tarry Lodge combines the building's industrial roots with the warmth and turn-of-the-century charm of the original Tarry Lodge. The centerpiece of the room is a dramatic steel-clad Mugnaini pizza oven surrounded by a marble dining counter. Dine at the bar and watch as pizzaioli toss dough like potters, apply toppings, then thrust pies into a white-hot wood-burning oven. Whether enjoying a lively dinner with friends, picking up a corporate lunch, or grabbing the family dinner on the way home from the train station, Tarry Lodge Westport has you covered.
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

My friend invited me to this place and I was surprised on how good it was.
Great to have a glass of wine big selection, unbelievable pizza, the ambiance of the restaurant is awesome and great service.
I will go back to back another piece of that delicious pizza with the egg in the middle omg out of this world.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 25, 2018

We recently ate our way through the Norwalk area on a weekend -- this was our Sunday dinner stop. We ordered pasta dishes -- my husband and I actually split the Tagliatelle Bolognaise, which was plenty for us. The pasta was amazing -- it inspired me to try making my own homemade pasta. Our party also ordered the pasta carbonara and the black pasta. Each pasta dish was around $20.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2018

I realize that restaurants fare better (economically) with liquor sales than food sales. But, this restaurant sets a new standard in aggressive, if not outrageous and over the top wine prices.

At lunch yesterday, we ordered a glass of wine from the wine list. What we didn’t realize is that the restaurant was charging $6 PER OUNCE ($36 for six ounces of white wine). In terms of a bottle that would be about $160 for a bottle of this wine. That is ridiculous for a WHITE wine from Sicily.

Our bill was $134 for two dishes of pasta, two glasses of wine and the six ounce glass. Paying $134 for pasta lunch is something I will NEVER do again.

We noted that there were a total of 20 patrons in a restaurant that can accommodate 200. If they keep charging these prices there will undoubtedly be even less patrons.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

All of the entrees hover around $20. Their small pizzas are made in front of you and make you feel as though you're in Naples, Italy. All of the entrees are made to perfection. This is the smallest of the Tarry Lodge restaurants and reservations are a must.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

TL has great pizzas and pastas. Fried oysters are delish and the Nancy’s Chopped Salad is a great alternative. Even homemade sodas for the kids. In fact, my kids love it and the staff are extremely accommodating. Prices are creeping up and it looks like maybe the Mario scandal is effecting business levels, though.

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Tarry Lodge? Share your experiences!