“CONSISTENTLY GREAT”

Ranked #1 of 184 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Andre Iodice's dream of opening a family owned and operated regional Italian restaurant lives on with Finalmente Trattoria! Located in downtown Westport, CT just blocks away from the Westport Playhouse - it's the perfect place for an intimate dinner before or after your show! The combination of Andre and Guido's dedication to their customers, exceptional service, and delicate preparation of food has created the "Finalmente Family." "We enjoy long-lasting relationships with our customers and we are here to make our customers happy!"
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Enjoyed another wonderful dining experience
at this outstanding family owned and operated
restaurant. I asked my wife where she wanted
to celebrate her birthday and she responded
without hesitation "Finalmente Trattoria." We
enjoyed salad, shrimp and veal entrees and
Andre's famous homemade cheesecake. All
washed down with a marvelous wine. Our
thanks to Scott for providing the professional
and friendly service (not to mention a charming
rendition of "Happy Birthday") and to the other
staff members who ensure a perfect dining
experience. No wonder the restaurant has so
many "regular" customers.

Date of visit: October 2018
mcatherine14, Owner at Finalmente Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Joe,

Thank you for dining at Finalmente Trattoria. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to write the awesome reviews on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your continuous support to our business, and it is always our pleasure to have you as our guest at Finalmente! We are so happy your wife enjoyed her birthday dinner.

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful comments and it makes all the hard work of an owner/operator worthwhile! I appreciate you mentioning our homemade cheesecake, which is a recipe from my sister in law in Elba, Italy. I take a lot of pride in making it myself for our customers. Thank you for recommending us.

I hope to see you again soon.

Andre and Mary Iodice
165 Post Road

Proprietor

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Went here as it is the highest rated Italian restaurant in Westport. Food was way too salty. Decent but not extraordinary and not worth high price.

Date of visit: September 2018
mcatherine14, Owner at Finalmente Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for coming to Finalmente Trattoria and taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you did not like your meal. I am a hands on owner of Finalmente and I wish you had told me at the time it was too salty for you, so I could have redone your meal or given you something else in person. If you saw how many times I fill our salt shakers in a week you would think we didn't use enough salt.

I buy fresh, seasonal ingredients and travel to many different specialty stores to make homemade items on our menu. Our prices are moderately high due to the high food costs, expensive rents and business management costs in Westport.

I apologize that you didn't enjoy your dinner. I am on the premises ever day to oversee my business to make sure that people leave satisfied and I feel bad that you didn't enjoy your experience. Please accept my apology.

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

It took an hour to get our dinner not sure why since it wasn’t very busy. Although the food was good but maybe a free soup or something could of held us over.

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Unhappy,

Thank you for coming to Finalmente Trattoria and taking the time to write the review on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry that you waited so long for your meal. I am a hands on owner and I am on the premises at all times; and I do not recall anyone waiting so long for their dinner or hearing a complaint about it.

I definitely would have ordered an appetizer for you on the house if it was brought to my attention. I am very sorry that this happened and your right this is too long to wait for a meal.

I apologize for this mishap and hope that you will forgive me and try us again sometime. This is not typical and I'm not sure why this happened or what night it was that you dined with us.

Thanks & regards,

Westport, Ct

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This isn’t our first visit. One of our favorites in Westport.
We had good service by Scott. And the owner (and oftentimes his wife) are very attentive.
We started with mussels and Caesar salads. All good.
Entrees were swordfish, grouper (the special) and the lasagne. All were declared excellent.
And the cheesecake is wonderful.
The place is small and sometimes a bit noisy. Reserve ahead.

Date of visit: August 2018
mcatherine14, Owner at Finalmente Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Dukeatbrays,

Thank you for dining at Finalmente Trattoria! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant!

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and for your kind words. We appreciate your support over the years and for always taking the time to share your experience!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Date of visit: March 2018
mcatherine14, Public Relations Manager at Finalmente Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Dear Valued Patron,

Thank you for dining at Finalmente Trattoria and taking the time to write this great review on Trip Advisor. Short and to the point. We enjoyed reading this one!

Thanks for your patronage and we hope to see you again soon!