TripAdvisor
Westport
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great restaurant- service, menu, ambiance”
Review of Bistro Du Soleil

Bistro Du Soleil
Ranked #30 of 188 Restaurants in Westport
Description: Please come and join us at our beautiful, warm and welcoming, hand-crafted restaurant for a very special and delicious meal created by Chef Soledad from her studies, travel, and life abroad. Enjoy an intimate conversation with family and friends surrounded by artwork from local artists and soft, relaxing music. Lunch and dinner is served with specials every day. Please BYOB. Dress is casual and respectful.
Reviewed July 8, 2019

We have been there several times and food and service has always been superb. Good appetizer selection (I like the pate) and main courses are varied and good. The bouillabaisse is special- and the short ribs were perfect. I think we have tried most everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Bringing our own wine is fun and also a money-saver. Somewhat hard to find this restaurant but, believe me it is definitely worth it !!!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank rhaldrich
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Third iteration of Bistro du Soleil. Saturday evening 7:00 PM reservation. Seated promptly. BYOB without corkage fee. Tuna tartare for app - excellent. Entrees salmon and duck. Also excellent. Was a fan of their food some time ago when first opened in Rowaton, then SONO. Price points on apps and entrees rend to be on the high end of comparables but the BYOB without corkage fee averages down the cost. Place remains popular with all tables occupied.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank Doubleeagle
Reviewed March 20, 2019

Bistro Du Soleil is a gem!!!! The food is absolutely wonderful, the atmosphere is lovely, and the service is impeccable. I've been there twice and everyone in my party was absolutely awed. For appetizers, we loved the frogs legs (better than we've had anywhere), escargot, and garlic shrimp ... along with the fresh hot bread - yum! For entrees, the bouillabaisse was devine with loads of perfectly cooked seafood, the rack of lamb was delicious, the short ribs special with saffron risotto was amazing. The chef even customized an entree for one of us who had a food allergy and the dish was fantastic. Portions are generous - so be ready for leftovers. It's BYOB. Wonderful for a special dinner, romantic dinner, friends nite out, family treat. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank SpikeMom19
Reviewed January 18, 2019

On the basis of two dinners for two persons over a period of a year, I reluctantly offer a minority opinion. Reluctantly, because the three people who run the place are very well meaning, very nice, very courteous, and very responsive. They try very hard to create a good restaurant. The problem is that the food is simply not good. The last meal consisted of pot roast that was dry to the point of being barely edible; we left most of it; beef short ribs of no interest on a soggy, mushy rice base labelled as risotto, which I returned in exchange for duck that was inedibly dry, but was saved, barely, with an extra portion of a decent fruit sauce. Dishes are served with inedible flowers, not labelled as such. They do indeed permit bring your own wine with no corkage charge. I tipped my usual 20%; it should and would have been more in exchange for the corkage courtesy if the food had been OK.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 2, 2018

We had a lovely meal here. It is located in part of the old Saugatuck Post Office next to an auction house. It's been a few weeks so my memory of what exactly we ordered is a bit foggy. Nice selection of wines. If I could suggest one improvement to the owners, I would change the chairs (yes, not food related). They were not the most comfortable. Bottom line is we will and plan to go back again.

Date of visit: November 2018