TripAdvisor
Westport
Post
Inbox
Search

“Wonderful creative food in gem of a setting”
Review of Bistro Du Soleil

Bistro Du Soleil
Ranked #30 of 188 Restaurants in Westport
Description: Please come and join us at our beautiful, warm and welcoming, hand-crafted restaurant for a very special and delicious meal created by Chef Soledad from her studies, travel, and life abroad. Enjoy an intimate conversation with family and friends surrounded by artwork from local artists and soft, relaxing music. Lunch and dinner is served with specials every day. Please BYOB. Dress is casual and respectful.
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

Bistro Du Soleil is a new restaurant, but the family doing the cooking is well known and loved already in this part of CT. The food is creative and reflects the French. Latin and Mediterranean influences of the chef. While the food is high end “foodie heaven,” Bistro du Soleil is never stuffy or formal. The background jazz, featured art and soft colors are conducive to a relaxed and enjoyable experience. At this point, it is BYOB.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank MarciaE37
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed November 26, 2017

My husband and I had dinner at Bistro du Soleil last evening and were absolutely overwhelmed! Everything we ordered was delicious, as well as beautifully presented. I had the foie gras appetizer, while my entree was the Muscovy Duck Breast. Both were cooked to perfection. Duck is my favorite dish and this was one of the best I've ever had! My husband had the trout special. He said it was the "second best" he ever had -- the best was in Provence. Service was excellent. The owner came over to chat for a while, which demonstrates the attention that is paid to each diner. He said that the chef, his wife, studied at Cordon Bleu in Paris. You can't do better than that! We will definitely be back!

NOTE: they do not have their liquor license yet, so it's BYOB (with a corkage fee).

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Was eager to try this new arrival. Decided it best to test the waters at lunch. Establishment is small and airy with a few tables and a long counter. My guest and I were the only customers as I guess the word is still getting out. Our waiter was charming but service was slow. I ordered the mussels con chorizo. My request to eliminate the cilantro did not create any problems which was great. The mussels were tasty but the sauce needed to be reduced a lot longer. My guest ordered an amazing sandwich which came with fries. It was generous but quite tasty from what I was told..

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank amzh
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our evening at this lovely small quiet restaurant in Westport. The food was delicious,appetizers of Mussels, Scallop Salad, dinner lamb chops, boulaibase & salmon. Portions were large and well prepared. Don't forget your BYOB !!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Amazing flavors, beautiful presentation, and lovely service ! 5 Bubbles all the way......this is my Westport favorite !...BYO..... Many thanks !

Date of visit: August 2017