“Amazing Food. Not so good service”

Tarantino Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarantino Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 166 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Franklin St
Transit: We are located directly across from the Westport Train Station.
Description: Tarantino pleases diners time and time again with their innovative twist on traditional Italian cuisine. As part of the Marchetti family of restaurants (Osteria Applausi in Old Greenwich and Columbus Park in Stamford), Tarantino consistently delivers quality ingredients, fabulous cuisine and gracious service. By creatively reinventing traditional dishes, skillfully presented in a homey atmosphere, guests enjoy delicious food made with local and seasonal ingredients. The wine list offers fine selections from the world’s major regions with a special focus on Italy. Carpaccio, homemade ravioli, fish stew and osso buco are just some of the delightful choices you’ll enjoy at Tarantino. Tarantino is a classic Italian restaurant with a devout following. In addition to a lively bar, when you dine here you'll appreciate the understated elegance, affable service and excellent food.
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here last night for our 5yr anniversary. The Maitre'd was the Nicest guy, very friendly and outgoing. We started with calamari, small pizza and fried avocados. Neither one of us eats avocados unless it is in guacamole. The fried avocado was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Probably one of the too 3 favorite apps we have had. Pizza delicious and calamari also really good. I had the filet of sole special and he had chicken parm. Both were one of the best we have had. We ended with a tiramisu which was really good. The bill was very fairly priced considering we had all that food plus 3 glasses of wine for $170 tip included.

The only negative I had was that the wait staff is not really existent. The waiter took our order but never came back at all to ask if we enjoyed our meal at any point or asked how we wee doing. He was very busy talking to the tables with the ladies sitting their. Seemed he was more interested in getting some numbers then taking care of other tables with couples in them.
The other issue was that I had my debit card to the Maitre'd to pay prior to sitting at the table and they wound up charging my card for a table of 4 ppl which was not cool. When we got our bill I told the waiter that I had given my card earlier he said "oh no are you Dimitri??" And I said yes. He then told me what happened and he ended it with "the guy told me table 15a and your table 15b it's an easy mistake". Really?? Not the end of the world but it could have been handled better I think.

I would definitely go back again for dinner and will brush this night as an "OFF" day.

There are newer reviews for Tarantino Restaurant

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went to Tarantino's last night with friends who have been eating there for years. It was great to be able to order half portions of pasta, so we could try different things. We were told we had to have the cavatelli with homemade sausage and red sauce, but my husband wanted the paparadelle with cinghale--no problem--half orders of each. Arugula, endive salad with pears and red grapes was so so, but the whole artichoke--stuffed with pancetta and diced mushrooms, served in a bowl with the cooking broth, was delicious. The place was packed and as another reviewer noted, it was ear shatteringly loud. Our friends said they never go on Saturdays--best tried during the week.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I actually liked Tarantino's ( good Italian food available in half portions at no additional cost, friendly & efficient service at the bar, nice selection of wines by he glass, convenient). But somehow I couldn't get past the lounge-y feel that one would typically find at a hotel after-hours club. It was dark, dark, dark. I was with my husband and while we are past staring into each other's eyes, I'd like to see what I'm drinking and eating. But then again, I guess this is what they call dining in the dark! To each her own...

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Four of us dined there last night and not one appetizer, entree or dessert was remotely delicious not to mention the very mediocre presentation. For all the rave reviews, I was shocked. There was little flavor in any of the entrees. it was like the emperor's new clothes. The salads were particularly bland. The salmon was only a piece of salmon -- nothing savoury, no sauce, on a plate with a mound of arugala and little hard quarters of tomatoes. The pasta with sausage -- gummy and flavourless, the grouper absolutely devoid of any flavour. A very boring tiramisu served in a small glass. NEVER AGAIN!
And let me not forget the deafening accoustics in the room.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had a great lunch with my very particular Mother, when heading to the train to NYC from Westport. Small, intimate restaurant with very good food. Not your same-old, same-old place!