“wonderful every single time”
Review of Matsu Sushi

Matsu Sushi
Ranked #17 of 177 Restaurants in Westport
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We have been going to matsu Sushi for at least 7 yrs as a family. The sushi is always superb and my children have learned to love japanese cuisine in this restaurant. The service is always friendly and prompt, the environment quite appealing, and the tables always full of couples, families, and groups of friends enjoying a good meal. Great for lunch, dinner or take-out.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

This restaurant has been around for longer than most in Westport, and has maintained high standards. The hot dishes are fine -- vegetarians will like the Tofu Steak -- and the bento boxes are quite large. I like the sushi and I order by the piece, as that way you'll get exactly what you want. Ask for "Japanese size" to get less gigantic pieces.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Very few places deliver in Westport. I've had wonderful experiences with Matsu's delivery. Even the lunch specials get to my door in perfect shape and quite quickly. It is not the best sushi on earth, but always fresh and priced reasonably.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

Continues to deliver the best sushi at the best value in Westport. Keep it up!

Reviewed October 26, 2011

I don't eat *all* types of sushi - I'm not a sashimi person, seaweed salad, etc. - but everything I tasted at Matsu was fantastic, the restaurant was full at dinner, at lunch, and had maybe four or five couples once when we stopped in at ten at night. If I'm going to delve into being a serious sushi eater, this is where I would do it. It's a long, narrow restaurant with an industrial ceiling but a modern asian vibe - it's tucked away in an unassuming brick building behind the Post Rd./Main Street area right by the Saugatuck River. (You might walk by Crumbs bakery to get there - a good stop for dessert on the way out!) I've eaten here more than once, and there are always different specials on the menu and they will make a roll to suit you if you want something you don't see on the menu - but there are too many combinations NOT to be able to find something you like. The list of soups and salads alone outnumber what you would see at another sushi place. There is every basic type of roll as well as an extensive list of "Fancy Rolls." If they delivered to my house, I'd be in sushi heaven.