“My home away from home” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Water's Edge Resort & Spa

Water's Edge Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Westbrook
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“My home away from home”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stayed at Water's Edge several times during the past few years. We usually rent a timeshare unit for a week during the summer and stay at the same time as friends who own a unit. It is a beach vacation for my family and I love not having to drag all the chairs and umbrellas to the beach. The timeshare units are clean and nice, although somewhat dated. I like having the kitchenette in the rooms to fix a quick breakfast and lunch. The staff who play games and plan activities for the children are fun and engaging. It is not the type of resort where you drop your kids off with the staff, the children's programs expect you to be there with your children. There are lots of families and the good spots on the beach are filled early in the morning. There is a nice lunch counter & bar down by the beach. The beach is usually fairly full and there are kids running around and yelling. Bring your own beach toys.

The Spa is wonderful. The facials are luxurious, especially if you have gotten too much sun. I also enjoyed the best massage. I might skip the nail services, they are a little overpriced.

I have enjoyed many breakfasts and dinners in the main restaurant. The staff is amazing and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The food is upscale and and quite worth the price. We don't eat there every night, but it is a nice treat.

I love my time at Water's Edge and have considered buying a timeshare there. However, they made a mistake when they built those new high end units and tried to sell them. They are overpriced, block part of the view, and are NOT selling. This is a nice family retreat in keeping with the CT shore, not a high end luxury resort in the Carribean. If you are looking for a peaceful adult indulgence, this is not the right resort.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We left the room in a matter of minutes.

Unsatisfactory:

--) The requested view of the LI sound was very minimal blocked by the building lobby and the villa-s complex. Waterview rooms are more expensive, and as such should deliver exactly that.

--) The bolt lock on the balcony door was not functional (broken).

--) The bathtub tiles were clearly affected by mold (confirmed visually and olfactory)
(captured some pictures with my phone).

No alternative room was offered by management.

Have a small kid, so had to leave.

No hard feelings.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Cynep

Travelers are raving about these Westbrook hotels

Massapequa, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is the 2nd time my wife and I have gone to Water's Edge with the "Night to Remember" package.
The pkg is a King room, and a $100.00 credit to use for dinner, brunch, bar or spa - all for $214.00 0 including taxes.
The place is located right on the sound with a small beach you can walk and pick up shells.
The rooms are big and most impt., clean.
The dinner is excellent - limited choices but all quality dishes.
You can use the $100.00 credit up real fast at dinner if u want.
The Sunday brunch was very good as well.

If your looking to getaway for a night or two,relax, at a great value at a great place - try Water's Edge.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joe C
Anthony A, Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to share your review with our Trip Advisor community. I am excited to hear you enjoyed your time with us and found our Night to Remember package a great value for your getaway at the resort.

We look forward to you visiting us again when the weather is a little warmer!

All the best in your future travels!
Manchester, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were in the Westbrook area, and stopped to check out this resort . This hotel is not pet friendly so we will not be able to stay here with our well trained and well traveled Jack Russell, Zoey. The Hotel should consider allowing pets, so they will then open up their hotel to more than half of travelers! So we decided to go in and have a drink. The bartender was great, she made us fresh Bloody Mary mix to enjoy with our delicious
Asparagus soup. The view from our table in the bar was fantastic! We will be sure to stop again for a drink, even if we can not stay, due to the Hotels outdated policy on pets.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

we have gone to the Waters Edge for the last 4 years for their New Year Eve overnight package, we add on additional nights as well. The food, service, rooms and the NYE party are wonderful. I am looking forward to NYE 2015.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Westfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Was able to use this through Interval timeshare. Large unit with fireplace, living and dining area, and comfortable bed. Read the reviews before going - wasn't exactly sure but needed a winter get away. First impression driving up was great - well decorated lighting, nice looking buildings, and was surprised when I checked in (still a little day light) to see the Ocean staring at me it was nice. Ate dinner in the dining room that nice. Ryan the server was very nice and informative. GF had a salad with chicken and liked it a lot. I had the seafood risotto which was plentiful and tasty. Went to bar afterwards for a couple of Bailey's - while not cheap it was a decent pour and worth it. Last night we went to bar restaurant for dinner. Again were both pleased. Server named Regina was impressive. Young but what you would expect from an experience waitperson, she did all the right things. I have to say enjoyed the visit. Only suggestion to owners would be to update the bar and dining area - I don't think it would take much and would make it more inviting. Nothing wrong with it other than needing some modernization. Thanks for a nice visit. All the other staff were very nice and pleasant. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank westsidebernie
Northbridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have been to this spa resort for a wedding or two. Always very impressive. However I had an opportunity to attend a conference overnight. I was not disappointed. The staff was excellent!, The food was amazing. The room was clean. I did not have a water view but didn't expect to. If I had to find something to complain about it would be the sheets. They were rough as in industrial. I can't remember having sheets in an upscale hotel that were not soft. Like I said I am being picky.
The friendly staff made up for anything trivial. Especially in the restaurant . I never had more than 2 sips out of my water glass and someone was right there filling it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Pier Blue Guesthouse
Pier Blue Guesthouse
#3 of 7 in Old Saybrook

Been to Water's Edge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!