I have stayed at Water's Edge several times during the past few years. We usually rent a timeshare unit for a week during the summer and stay at the same time as friends who own a unit. It is a beach vacation for my family and I love not having to drag all the chairs and umbrellas to the beach. The timeshare units are clean and nice, although somewhat dated. I like having the kitchenette in the rooms to fix a quick breakfast and lunch. The staff who play games and plan activities for the children are fun and engaging. It is not the type of resort where you drop your kids off with the staff, the children's programs expect you to be there with your children. There are lots of families and the good spots on the beach are filled early in the morning. There is a nice lunch counter & bar down by the beach. The beach is usually fairly full and there are kids running around and yelling. Bring your own beach toys.
The Spa is wonderful. The facials are luxurious, especially if you have gotten too much sun. I also enjoyed the best massage. I might skip the nail services, they are a little overpriced.
I have enjoyed many breakfasts and dinners in the main restaurant. The staff is amazing and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The food is upscale and and quite worth the price. We don't eat there every night, but it is a nice treat.
I love my time at Water's Edge and have considered buying a timeshare there. However, they made a mistake when they built those new high end units and tried to sell them. They are overpriced, block part of the view, and are NOT selling. This is a nice family retreat in keeping with the CT shore, not a high end luxury resort in the Carribean. If you are looking for a peaceful adult indulgence, this is not the right resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waters Edge Resort and Spa offers elegant accommodations, superb dining and a waterfront location, making us the premier choice in Westbrook CT hotels. Ideally situated for business and leisure travelers, families, groups and couples, Waters Edge Resort offers guests a historic experience in a breathtaking setting for the most unforgettable stays. Enjoy onsite dining when you stay with us, rejuvenating spa services, expansive event space and so much more on the Connecticut shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Water's Edge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water`s Edge Hotel Westbrook
- Water`s Edge Resort And Spa
- Waters Edge Hotel