If you find this helpful please click the helpful link below.
Location - well clearly thats what this place has going for it and the staff takes full advantage of that in the service category. Its on the ocean with partial views of long island sound. Its in southern CT about 25 mins from Mohegan, 40 mins from Foxwoods. There are quaint shops on premises and there is a outlet nearby. There are a few decent looking restaurants right nearby. Its located 1 mile from the highway.
Rooms - the rooms are small but they have some cool amenities. There is a jacuzzi / soaker - standard option, there is a balcony with chairs for added comfort. Two pluses. The rooms are partially updated with nice tv's and decent fixtures in the bath. Water pressure is great. The two bad's - bed sucks and i didn't sleep well and the wall heater / ac unit is really loud so I stood zero chance of sleeping well.
Service - upon arriving the front desk person was in the room behind the desk sitting on her but looking at her phone. I made several noises and actually had to peek in and say "excuse me" which I hate to do. She approached agitated and just was not pleasant. There was confusion about billing and she was very direct so I became defensive as a result. Bad start. Restaurant / bartenders were punchy also. They tried to sneak in a 20% gratuity without telling us and the guy paying has bad vision and it was dark.. BTW - there was only 2 of us! Thought that was absurd. Restaurant is ok, nothing to write home about however I will say the food was slightly better than average.
Bar - good size bar, clean, dead. Closed much earlier than posted!
Price - well... If your going to pay anything more than $150 for pleasure purposes in the on season I would feel like you overpaid considering the service level. If they get their act together then just for location and view I would pay $180. For business I just wouldn't pay more than $129.
Conferences / weddings - plenty of rooms, ideal for a wedding.
Spa - there is one and it looked decent from the outside.
Pool - looked rather small, closed up early. Just okay.
I would come back for a second try however I hope management or ownership reads these reviews and begins making changes. This could be a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waters Edge Resort and Spa offers elegant accommodations, superb dining and a waterfront location, making us the premier choice in Westbrook CT hotels. Ideally situated for business and leisure travelers, families, groups and couples, Waters Edge Resort offers guests a historic experience in a breathtaking setting for the most unforgettable stays. Enjoy onsite dining when you stay with us, rejuvenating spa services, expansive event space and so much more on the Connecticut shoreline. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Water's Edge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Water`s Edge Resort And Spa
- Water`s Edge Hotel Westbrook
- Waters Edge Hotel