All reviewslong island soundlow tideedge resortcocktail houroutdoor poolli soundwater viewmain restaurantspa servicesbeautiful propertylobster rolltimeshare unitsnew englandbrunchloftcttracy
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Need better pool bar management. Waitress apologized and took responsibility which was only saving grace. Everyone wax waiting and not being served. That is when management gets off their behinds and makes their job meaningful.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank shoreviews
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We went with our grandkids, but I think the resort is best for couples and adults. Music, lunch, brunch, and dining areas. Enjoy the beach, the pools, or just walk around and take great pictures. Don't miss the welcome continental breakfast. No timeshare sales, just letting you know what you can do or places to visit while at the resort. Units are very clean and comfortable. The staff was very polite and helpful at all times. It was a great location for us since we arrived from Puerto Rico and wanted to visit friends and family living in South Windsor, Enfield, and Bridgeport, CT. I-95 was just minutes away. We were able to do so and take our grandkids shopping and on a train trip to New York. We would definitely stay again.

2  Thank Janet527
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at the Water's Edge recently for a family function. Loved the location but was very disappointed in the service. Food was average, service slow and spotty. Some things were just not available. Asked for a cup of tea during the meal service and was told they were not willing to provide that until the dessert -- server added that if I really wanted some I could leave the banquet hall and walk across the building to the bar or other restaurant and see if I could get someone to give me some. Didn't feel I needed to do that. Beach and pool areas are nice but help seem unsure of the rules and policies -- a pool bar has waitresses bringing guests drinks and food poolside but we were given a hard time by a staff member for bringing our coffee and pastry to the same place. (We bought these at the snack bar inside the hotel.) Staff made our visit more stressful than fun. We won't be back.

1  Thank Lin M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from a meeting at Water's Edge. The location was great. The staff was great. If you eat in the main dining room ask for Michael the waiter. He should be runing the place, he is the best. Food was good great crab cakes and more. Service was excellent. Reasonably priced. The bar was fun with good service. Beach snack bar was excellent with reasonable pricing for kids meals. Pools were excellent. Rooms were large average decor. The Spa service was excellent but the Spa is not fancy. Susan gave an excellent massage. I wuld returnf or her service.

A couple of issues. We were there with my daughter and grandchildren age 6 and 10 in rooms 219 and 221 abot he bars. The music was lound until after 11pm. When I booked 6 months in advance I told them there would be children and this is where they put us. To get to the ocean there is no good signage, you have to go thorugh the main dining room where the door is. Do not eat there if you want a quiet meal. I would try again know what I know now.

1  Thank TEDSPARTY
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had to use a timeshare week or lose it, so we chose the Water's Edge since we live in Connecticut and figured the whole family would take turns using it during the week. Drivable distance. The timeshare unit had a gorgeous view of the water and beach and the unit was huge. Big family room with gas fireplace, kitchen area, eating area, big bedroom with bath, upstairs loft with 2 more beds in it. We watched the sunset, took a long walk on the beach at low tide, and relaxed. All of us thought it made you feel like you were far away. We could only use it for one night, but that one night felt like we were on vacation for a week. Private deck. Clean. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: For timeshare units, building with 628 or 625. Second floor units have the loft so they are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple