All reviews long island sound low tide edge resort cocktail hour outdoor pool li sound water view main restaurant beautiful property spa services lobster roll timeshare units new england brunch loft ct tracy
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed at the Water's Edge recently for a family function. Loved the location but was very disappointed in the service. Food was average, service slow and spotty. Some things were just not available. Asked for a cup of tea during the meal service and was told they were not willing to provide that until the dessert -- server added that if I really wanted some I could leave the banquet hall and walk across the building to the bar or other restaurant and see if I could get someone to give me some. Didn't feel I needed to do that. Beach and pool areas are nice but help seem unsure of the rules and policies -- a pool bar has waitresses bringing guests drinks and food poolside but we were given a hard time by a staff member for bringing our coffee and pastry to the same place. (We bought these at the snack bar inside the hotel.) Staff made our visit more stressful than fun. We won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lin M
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just returned from a meeting at Water's Edge. The location was great. The staff was great. If you eat in the main dining room ask for Michael the waiter. He should be runing the place, he is the best. Food was good great crab cakes and more. Service was excellent. Reasonably priced. The bar was fun with good service. Beach snack bar was excellent with reasonable pricing for kids meals. Pools were excellent. Rooms were large average decor. The Spa service was excellent but the Spa is not fancy. Susan gave an excellent massage. I wuld returnf or her service.

A couple of issues. We were there with my daughter and grandchildren age 6 and 10 in rooms 219 and 221 abot he bars. The music was lound until after 11pm. When I booked 6 months in advance I told them there would be children and this is where they put us. To get to the ocean there is no good signage, you have to go thorugh the main dining room where the door is. Do not eat there if you want a quiet meal. I would try again know what I know now.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TEDSPARTY
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had to use a timeshare week or lose it, so we chose the Water's Edge since we live in Connecticut and figured the whole family would take turns using it during the week. Drivable distance. The timeshare unit had a gorgeous view of the water and beach and the unit was huge. Big family room with gas fireplace, kitchen area, eating area, big bedroom with bath, upstairs loft with 2 more beds in it. We watched the sunset, took a long walk on the beach at low tide, and relaxed. All of us thought it made you feel like you were far away. We could only use it for one night, but that one night felt like we were on vacation for a week. Private deck. Clean. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: For timeshare units, building with 628 or 625. Second floor units have the loft so they are larger.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jpmjc
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I bought a timeshare at Water's Edge, and we are so glad that we found this beautiful place on Long Island Sound! We spent a week here recently, and although the weather was cold and rainy the first part of the week, there was still plenty to do with our two young grandsons. They enjoyed the indoor pool, their loft bedroom, the water view from the villa balcony, and the beach when it wasn't raining. There are numerous, excellent restaurants nearby. As for ourselves, we enjoyed the heated outdoor pool when the weather turned sunny and hot, as well as poolside service for refreshing drinks at the outdoor bar. We're looking forward to a fantastic summer by the shore!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went to Water's Edge Resort and Spa for the weekend to get away from the city. We arrived Friday night - if coming from NYC or Boston - it is surely best to take the train to Old Saybrook - driving is absolutely insane with traffic during the summer months. Prior to arriving, I scheduled massages at the spa which is a must. The spa is by far, the best part of the hotel/resort. The largest problem with the hotel is that the staff is under qualified, have a lack of knowledge of the resort. They did have a few people that seemed to have an understanding of the resort - but the majority was ill prepared to answer your questions with any confidence. The breakfast buffet and restaurant are ill suited for each other. I will give you this about the resort... if you go up there, use the gym, use the pool and beaches, use the spa but go out for dinner and don't need the help of the staff - then I would go back. The problem that I had with Water's edge was that I ended up spending $1500 for one weekend - for that much - the staff better know what time the pool bar closes, how to get to the gym, where I can sit for breakfast, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple