Water's Edge Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
$63
$67
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
$87
$206
Hotwire.com
$119
$240
All reviewslong island soundedge resortoutdoor poolmain restaurantwater viewli soundbeautiful propertylobster rollsunset bar and grillnew englandbrunchunitsloftconnecticuttracyclintonwaitstaff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Water's Edge for our wedding. Michelle Johnson was our wedding coordinator, and she did a fabulous job! She was so helpful throughout the day, and months leading up to the day. She listened to every request I had, and was very accommodating. I knew I didn't have to worry, and that she and the staff at Water's Edge would take care of everything. We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful our wedding was, and how great the food was (especially the Filet Mignon Oscar)! My husband and I had a beautiful complimentary room for the night of our wedding, and the next day we enjoyed complimentary massages at the spa. It was truly a wonderful weekend, and we were very pleased with how smoothly everything went for us!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
chrisConnecticut, General Manager at Water's Edge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased we were able to make your day so special. I've shared your review with Michelle, who was very pleased!

Thank you and congratulations!

Chris Barstein

Reviewed October 24, 2012

25 minutes to get a valet to park the car.
Told we were in the library building. There is no signage.
The building is a THREE FLOOR WALKUP. No notice. No bellman. Told to carry our own bags up. If I were not there for a wedding, I would have turned around and left.
Finally got someone to carry our luggage to our three bedroom suite which was lovely. Truly lovely, but you've got to warn people that it is a three story walkup.
There is a fire escape outside the door of the master bedroom that literally CLANGED all night long. Zero sleep. I even recorded it for the front desk management.
When I went to checkout the room rate was $85 higher than the quote and confirmation.
After complaining at checkout at the front desk, they apologized and reduced the bill by $200.
It was settled fairly, but this lovely hotel needs a COMPLETE change of management before I would even consider going back. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rxexe D
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I chose the Water's Edge for an August Wedding. The water view and "resort-like" feel was exactly what we wanted for our outdoor ceremony. It was a great spot for friends and family to spend the weekend with us. There is a full service restaurant, bar, and spa on site which guests all enjoyed. Family member also enjoyed relaxing at the beach and pool before and after our even.

The beginning of our booking and process was stressful until my wedding was reassigned to Michelle Johnson. My husband and I truly can't imagine our day without her. She was patient, kind, and accommodating through the whole process.

The ceremony and reception place turned out beautiful. The grounds are well-maintained and a perfect spot for outdoor wedding photographs. There are many beautiful spots indoors as well. Michelle handled the day with professionalism and courtesy, even with the few issues that did pop up...

Our cake looked and tasted amazing, the food was delicious, and the banquet staff couldn't have been more attentive. Our server Joe handed us everything we needed in seconds and with a smile.

The rooms are older, outdated, and pricey in August, but they were comfortable and clean. The water view suites have a beautiful deck and the three room suite in the Library room has a perfect size master suite to get eight girls ready in.

It was truly the best and most memorable day of my life. I thank Michelle and the Water's Edge for that.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lizzz1883
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our daughter and s-i-law's wedding reception was held at Water's Edge in May of this year. It was truly a wonderful experience. Maggie, who was our coordinator, was awesome! The grounds are beautifully maintained and translated into absolutely gorgeous pictures. All of our guests commented on how amazing the overall wedding venue was...including the food. The staff was very accommodating as well. I would recommend Water's Edge for a special occasion without reservation. They were great!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed there recently with my boyfriend for our anniversary.. It was the most amazing weekend ever. The staff was amazing, they were very friendly and helpful with everything my boyfriend had planned. The front desk greeted me every morning with a smile and were very welcoming. The room was spacious and very clean. And the view of the property was breath taking. The staff at the restaurant were really friendly and the food was excellent. I am definitely going to recommend Waters Edge to all my friends, and I hope to be back there soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple