All reviewslong island soundlow tideedge resortcocktail houroutdoor poolli soundwater viewmain restaurantspa servicesbeautiful propertylobster rolltimeshare unitsnew englandbrunchloftcttracy
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We have had lunch twice this December and have found found the food incredible. We plan on returning soon as we live in the area. Great location, creative, superb food.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank K R
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is a gorgeous property which I've been to many times. Right on the water - with a small beach. Beautiful grand lawn and terrific restaurant with fabulous view of the lawn and water. Even if you're not staying over - what a beautiful place to meet up for lunch. It is a bit pricey though...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mbuti
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Visited Waters Edge a month ago and complained to a resort manager that little children in the hallway could see naked men and full frontal nudity whenever someone opened the Mens locker room door. It has been this way for over a year. I even physically stood this Resort manager in front of the locker room door and demonstrated this very serious problem to him. As a lawyer, I explained he could get sued for this and demanded that something be done to correct it immediately. Other men I spoke to were similarly disturbed and concerned. That locker room should have been shut down until the problem was fixed. All that was required was a physical partition.

Sure enough, I returned one month later in December and NOTHING was done about it. I was outraged. Same exact exposure of naked men striaght into the hallway.

Fed up with their utter indifference to exposing little children to the sight of naked men, I called a police officer, physically brought him to the location, and made a criminal complaint. When alerted that the police were present, that same resort manager I complained to came down, threw a fit, and physically got in my face. Unbelievable. The offer threatened to arrest him for breach of peace if he did not back down. Afterwards, the police officer acknowledged the situtation was unacceptable and said he would forward it up the chain of command.

I have not been back since, but I would not be surprized if someone's child is going to see something "special" this Christmas morning at Water's Edge ... but no worries Mom & Dad ... the resort manager assured us they are "working on it" ... and if your nine-year-old daughter sees full frontal nudity this Christmas morning ... you can pass the manager's assurance along to her and, if nothing else, it will give you one more thing for you and your children to talk about over Christmas dinner.

I have attached a photo of the view of the men's locker room from the hallway leading up to the exercise room and pool. The blue carpet is where the men undress when exiting the shower. The door is open. What you see is what little girls get to see when they go back and forth to the women's locker room or to the downstairs vending machine across from the men's locker room door. I am standing where kids stand. I took this photo in December 2011.

OUTRAGEOUS !!!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
25  Thank Z_Zelotes_Esq
Reviewed December 19, 2011

booked a week but ended up only staying a day (personal reasons not because of the resort)! The resort is lovely and the main building has a great bar and cozy dining. Gets a bit crazy at night if there are too many weddings, but a beautiful venue. Grounds are under construction but it was too cold to go to the beach. Sunset was phenomenal.Landscaping is very nice.
One bedroom unit was very roomy. Kitchen was basic....very minimal, but just depends what you want. Didn't have to valet which was great. Indoor pool was a nice size. Would return!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sheg
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We attended an event in the Grand Ballroom....since this was our first experience with Waters Edge, we weren't sure what to expect. Everything was amazing! The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. The Christmas decorations are absolutely gorgeous! So festive and beautiful. Were already planning a return trip. If you're looking for a wonderful holiday experience...this is it! Great food, great service, beautiful ambiance. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends