Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Heritage Motor Inn(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
Pier Blue Guesthouse(Old Saybrook)
Clinton Motel(Clinton)
Liberty Inn(Old Saybrook)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast was deliciousb bfront porchcheese omeletvictorian atmospherecommon areasfrench toastlocal beachother guestswine cheese hourthe essex steam traincookie jarbeach chairs and umbrellasprivate bathnew englandeasy accesscomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2007

This was the least attractive B & B I have ever visited. The decoration items (for example, fake flowers draped across curtains, tiny bottles on windowsills, and plastic tableclothes in the dining area) reminded me of items you can purchase in 99 cent stores. Also, the room was not cleaned everyday - only new towels were given and the bed done. The sink and bathroom floor needed cleaning one day and it was not done. Unlike the impression given by the website, I found it entirely unelegant and unromantic. Moreover, the website makes it seem like it is located on the beach. In reality, it is located on a fairly busy street (lots of car noise) across from a dunkin donuts. I never even saw the beach. They have a weird shelf in one of the main rooms that they call a "gift shop" - it has old and faded items for sale - like faded magnets of westbrook, CT. And items with dust on it (like a tiny bottle of sunscreen priced at 6$). It was horrible. I felt very deceived.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank calitraveller15
Reviewed May 31, 2007

I have just returned from a stay at the Westbrook Inn while on a business trip. The rooms are comfortable and well equiped however I do feel the Inn does not cater well for people travelling on business. Breakfast is not served until 8.30am weekdays which was far to late. Strangely it is served at 7.30am weekends! Apparently continental is available earlier but we were not aware of this as nobody was around in the mornings. We ended up getting coffee from Dunkin Donuts across the street!!

As a well travelled person I was very suprised that on arrival before we were shown our rooms full payment was demanded and charged to our credit cards. This has never happened before in any establishment i have visited. I understand that hotels take a copy of your credit card but to actually charge it, I think is very cheeky.

We later discovered that many people in my party of 8 were charged different amounts. This was due to a mix up in the number of nights the inn had charged individuals which could have been avoided had they charged people on depature. Some of our group was charged for more nights then what they stayed as the hotel seemed to have a minimum night policy.

If anyone was going to visit this area I would not recommend staying at the Westbrook Inn as $162.00pn is very expensive and for a similar nightly rate you could stay at the Waters Edge Hotel which is stunning and located right on the beach. It has full facilites including a breakfast available for those on a early start.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Miss_BGerrardsCross
Reviewed September 13, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for our anniversary. The house and grounds are in excellent condition and the innkeepers answered all of our questions and were helpful when engaged. I disagree with the negative comments on breakfast in an earlier review. While not as lavish in variety or quantity as some other places, the breakfast was homemade each day and was very good. The beach is a few blocks away but is walkable without gear and the innkeepers have a parking pass if you choose to drive over. The innkeepers tended to stay in the background or were not on the property for much of the time, perhaps that is why some have the impression that the experience lacked "warmth" from the hosts. Happy with our choice and received what we were promised can best sum up our stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RedBaron62
Reviewed December 28, 2005

Lovely Victorian house...Lots of charm;no warmth.
Nice room/bed, breakfast was nothing more than I could have gotten at Denny's minus the homefries. Lots of fireplaces in the common rooms; none lit. For the top price of our room which included a fireplace and queen bed and a private bathroom (no tub) we could have stayed at the Copper Beach Inn or Water's Edge. A lot of money for a Victorian setting and not much else.

Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank HeleneKatonahNY
Reviewed October 17, 2005

Recently stayed at the inn with friends. Very, very lovely and quaint decor. The furnishings are beautiful and the rooms are sufficient in size. We have stayed in many B & B's throughout the East Coast over the last few years and this was was certainly enjoyable. But, a brochure we were sent shows a picture of the Inn and makes it look like it is on the beach. Very clever cut/paste but the inn is a few blocks away and the water cannot be seen even from the upper floor. We found that a little deceptive. Also, stayed there for 3 nights and the water heater malfunctioned each morning so that we could not shower till near noon each day. Never received any offer of a reduced rate or even a formal apology for the trouble. certainly an Inn worth visiting, just be wary of the advertisements about the beach and expect to pay full fare regardless.

6  Thank Tony F