“Beautiful wedding with generous extras”

Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Beautiful wedding with generous extras”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We got married at this inn on September 24. We rented two other rooms for friends and family and we couldn't have been more happier with the experience. First off the inn owners and staff are very friendly and truly make you feel at home in their cozy inn. They stocked our mini fridges in the room with bottled water, pop, and wine, with some snacks as well. The complimentary breakfast they provided in the morning was very generous with eggs, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. There was more than enough food for everyone. I just can't get over all the things we got for the price we paid. My wedding bouqet was GORGEOUS. The cake was delicious. They burned copies of the wedding pictures for my other guests. I'm just thrilled we picked this place for our wedding.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I came here for one night to get away from it all, and I'm so glad I stumbled across this place! Nora, who welcomed me and provided me with breakfast, was so nice and even hauled my ridiculously heavy suitcase up and down the stairs for me! They were also super accommodating about letting me leave my baggage and even relax at the Inn long after check-out time. As for the rooms, the bathtub is amazing, the bed super comfy, the decor (I stayed in the Front Room)...well, a trifle kitschy for my tastes (there are lots of porcelain angels everywhere) but very sweet. Plus, a lovely breakfast and beverage of your choice awaiting you in the fridge upon arrival!

My only complaints were
a) the beach at Westbrook is nothing to write home about - it's not very good for walking, which I was hoping to do - but I should have figured that out before I got there and
b) the Inn is evidently geared for couples...it would be great for a wedding, less great for me to visit immediately after breaking up with my bf :(. Again, not the Inn's fault by any means though! I hope to come back as part of a couple some day...sigh...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mg241
New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I were married there in May 2010. The hosts Bill and Peggy are absolutely wonderful. Jean(justice of the peace) is a doll. The service is excellent, food is delectable, house is gorgeous!!! The beach and surrounding areas are lovely. We look forward to visiting every year, hopefully more than just once. Husband really enjoyed himself
S&G

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My partner and I went with some dear friends to have a double wedding ceremony and had a WONDERFUL experience! We all now consider Peggy, Bill and their staff to be family! From the moment we arrived until we sadly departed we were treated like royalty! We are already planning a return trip! If you are looking for a romantic wedding without all the worry, let these wonderful people provide you with a carefree and fun day! The extra services (hair and make up) were great too!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My wife and I were married on the beach in Westbrook, CT June 19, 2009. I have beautiful memories of a fairy-tale wedding that was coordinated by Bill, Peggy and the staff at Angel's Watch Inn. We were provided with professional photos's, CD's for our guests, and a DVD of the entire wedding day! The Deluxe Package was well worth the cost. You would have thought we'd spent over $10,000.00 on our wedding! A wedding without the stress! We enjoyed a small reception at the Inn followed by a wedding dinner at Luigi's restaurant. If you are gay or straight, this is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Westbrook is also a nice friendly place to relax - close to shopping malls, excellent restaurants, and interesting sites. Get married at the Angel's Watch Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiCianno
Connecticut
Reviewed June 15, 2009

From the moment we called to make just enquire about the availability I knew I would love the Angel's Watch Inn. Peggy and Bill made us feel as they were prepariing their daughters wedding and made us feel welcomed. When we arrived the room meet our needs and was very romantic and included all the amenities we needed. On our wedding day the hostesses went above and beyond to ensure every small detail was exactly who we wanted it. They made our guest and us feel right at home and ensured that we were taken care off. Noreen and Diane ensured our wedding day was very very special, romantic and everything we could ever ask for. Thank you we will certainly recommend your inn and as well as come back.
Annette and Luis

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
CT
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I had the most wonderful experience at Angel's Watch Inn. The innkeepers were very acccomodating and treated us as if we were family. The inn was not only beautiful it was very cozy. I hope to make a trip back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Quality Inn Old Saybrook - Westbrook
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Old Saybrook
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!