“Charming getaway”

Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I came here for one night to get away from it all, and I'm so glad I stumbled across this place! Nora, who welcomed me and provided me with breakfast, was so nice and even hauled my ridiculously heavy suitcase up and down the stairs for me! They were also super accommodating about letting me leave my baggage and even relax at the Inn long after check-out time. As for the rooms, the bathtub is amazing, the bed super comfy, the decor (I stayed in the Front Room)...well, a trifle kitschy for my tastes (there are lots of porcelain angels everywhere) but very sweet. Plus, a lovely breakfast and beverage of your choice awaiting you in the fridge upon arrival!

My only complaints were
a) the beach at Westbrook is nothing to write home about - it's not very good for walking, which I was hoping to do - but I should have figured that out before I got there and
b) the Inn is evidently geared for couples...it would be great for a wedding, less great for me to visit immediately after breaking up with my bf :(. Again, not the Inn's fault by any means though! I hope to come back as part of a couple some day...sigh...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mg241

Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I were married there in May 2010. The hosts Bill and Peggy are absolutely wonderful. Jean(justice of the peace) is a doll. The service is excellent, food is delectable, house is gorgeous!!! The beach and surrounding areas are lovely. We look forward to visiting every year, hopefully more than just once. Husband really enjoyed himself
S&G

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2009

My partner and I went with some dear friends to have a double wedding ceremony and had a WONDERFUL experience! We all now consider Peggy, Bill and their staff to be family! From the moment we arrived until we sadly departed we were treated like royalty! We are already planning a return trip! If you are looking for a romantic wedding without all the worry, let these wonderful people provide you with a carefree and fun day! The extra services (hair and make up) were great too!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My wife and I were married on the beach in Westbrook, CT June 19, 2009. I have beautiful memories of a fairy-tale wedding that was coordinated by Bill, Peggy and the staff at Angel's Watch Inn. We were provided with professional photos's, CD's for our guests, and a DVD of the entire wedding day! The Deluxe Package was well worth the cost. You would have thought we'd spent over $10,000.00 on our wedding! A wedding without the stress! We enjoyed a small reception at the Inn followed by a wedding dinner at Luigi's restaurant. If you are gay or straight, this is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Westbrook is also a nice friendly place to relax - close to shopping malls, excellent restaurants, and interesting sites. Get married at the Angel's Watch Inn!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DiCianno
Reviewed June 15, 2009

From the moment we called to make just enquire about the availability I knew I would love the Angel's Watch Inn. Peggy and Bill made us feel as they were prepariing their daughters wedding and made us feel welcomed. When we arrived the room meet our needs and was very romantic and included all the amenities we needed. On our wedding day the hostesses went above and beyond to ensure every small detail was exactly who we wanted it. They made our guest and us feel right at home and ensured that we were taken care off. Noreen and Diane ensured our wedding day was very very special, romantic and everything we could ever ask for. Thank you we will certainly recommend your inn and as well as come back.
Annette and Luis

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I had the most wonderful experience at Angel's Watch Inn. The innkeepers were very acccomodating and treated us as if we were family. The inn was not only beautiful it was very cozy. I hope to make a trip back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2008

I called after viewing the on line web site to book a one night stay with the service of a justice of the peace to perform our marriage ceremony. I asked what the price was for the ceremony to be performed and then what the cost of the room was. I was told on the phone that the room rate was $165 (this was for a weekday rate in Oct), I questioned why the web site shows a price of $145. The women I was speaking with (I believe one of the owners) started saying "Hello, Hello, Hello" repeatedly, then hung up. I was on a land phone so we know there was not a bad connection. However, giving the benefit of the doubt, I called right back. When connected I started to explain that we seem to have lost our connection, and was promptly hung up on without a response from them. I called back a few times throughout the next few hours and only got their voice mail. I then emailed them, and sent them a fax in an attempt to finalize my reservation. I did finally get an email back from them at the end of the day notifying me that they where busy with a wedding and would call me back the following day after 11:00 am. I never received a call back from them.
Needless to say, I have determined that there was no "bad connection", but a childish attempt from the proprietor to disconnect my call and avoid acknowledging the discrepency of the pricing.

Fortunately, I found another B&B to book with whose customer service was very pleasant to deal with and who also told me about a special they where running that was on the web that I had no idea of!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank southingtonbroker
angelswatch, owner at Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2008

I am the owner and spoke with this person on the phone the day that she called. I had an unexplained loss of vision was not feeling well and was returning back to the Inn from my doctors office. When we are not at the Inn the Inn's phone is called forwarded to the cell so that we can be on call 24/7 to attend to our guests needs. I was actually returning to the Inn speaking to this person on my cell phone. She had wanted us to put a wedding ceremony together for her in under a weeks time. She was asking what the rate of the room was and I informed her that the rate, offficiants fee, overnight stay was all included in the wedding package. I was on my cell phone not on a land line and I lost contact with her. I could not call her back because her number registered on my cell phone as unknown. I was not trying to avoid answering a question about a discrepensy in the room rate. I just lost the connection on my end because I was on a cell phone. It happens sometimes especially when the phone is call forwarded.

I got to the Inn, left the cell phone on to answer messages and was very busy because we were performing a wedding ceremony for a lovely couple that day.

She email us about doing a wedding in three days and our Innkeeper emailed her back quickly, told her that we here right in the middle of a wedding and would call her back later that evening.

I had every intention of calling her back.
Unfortunately about five minutes after our couples wedding was finished, I recieved a frantic phone call from our daughter's fiancee that our daughter was doubled over in excruiating pain and vomitting. We immediately left the Inn and when we got home we rushed her to the shoreline clinic where they rushed her by ambulance to the hospital and she had to have emergency surgery to remove her gallbladder. She had complications with the surgery and spent six days in the hospital.

Our Innkeeper called the potential bride back later that evening when she found out about our daughters surgery. She could not speak with her because no one answered her phone. She left a voice mail, informing her of what had happened and told her that we would not be able to put a wedding together for her in three days. She also informed her that if she did not get married when she had wanted to, we would love to help her in the future. Our Innkeeper never heard from her again.

Needless to say it was a very difficult time for my daughter, myself and her father.

We do try so very hard to give our guests a wonderful experience when they stay with us. Many people come as guests but leave as family and dear friends for life.

Unfortunately we are only human and sometimes life just happens and you have no control over it as I explained above.

I am very glad that she was able to get married and we all wish them happiness.