“Lovely and romantic B&B”

Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Westbrook B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Attended a family wedding at the Angels Watch B&B and the proprietors couldn't have been more accommodating and gracious. Our family took over the entire house and it was a lovely, warm and romantic event. The attention to detail for the wedding ceremony was fabulous. We were especially impressed to return 'home' after dinner to find a CD of the wedding photos under each of our doors.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Angel's Watch Inn - what can I say but WOW!!!! It is everything it says it is and more. Traveling from TN and not being familiar with the area it was great to stay someplace where everyone is excited about you being there and their sole purpose is to make your stay as wonderful as possible. My (now wife) and I had been a couple for 12 years and never thought that we would get the chance to have a real wedding. We kept our relationship hid from everyone and I mean everyone. Neither of our families would be happy and I did not want to risk loosing friends. It is so hard to be in love and not be able to share it with the people around you. Up until I called and spoke with Peggy at Angel's watch I had never admitted this to any one or even said it out loud; but here I was so excited about being able to be married. When I booked the wedding over the phone Peggy was so warm and welcoming and non-judgmental and excited about our choice to get married. Once we arrived for the special day every detail was taken care of - cake, pictures, video, etc. It was our own special wedding. Unfortunately we did not have any family there to help us celebrate - however now I feel like we have new family - Peggy and Bill and Nora. They celebrated with us and were happy for us and made us feel so happy and excited. The wedding and the feeling of love and acceptance helped us to be able to tell friends and family about our relationship once we returned. I know this is long but it is important and needs to be said. If any of you out there are hesitant about getting married or choosing Angel's Watch DON'T!!!! Life is to short not to share a committed relationship with the one you love and the added benefit of having the wonderful people at Angel's Watch plan everything well there is nothing more you can ask for. I hope this helps you to make the best decision you will ever make. Thanks!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mushu1234
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This is the most romantic place I've ever stayed. My fiance and I stayed in the "Back Room" a few weekends after we got engaged (Aug08) and we had a wonderful time. The room isn't huge, but the beautiful décor easily made up for it. The bathroom murals were especially cute, and they give you bubble bath for the enormous tub.

The complimentary drinks and snacks were a nice touch, and the welcome wine was a real treat. They also have a wide selection of video's to watch. They also gave us a little basket full of extra large beach towels. The shore is a short walk away, but that area wasn't great for swimming in August. The next day we asked the inn keeper for advice and he was very helpful and recommended a great beach just over the Rhode Island border.

There's also plenty of great dining options nearby. My favorite was the lobster rolls at Bill's Seafood Restaurant, but Pazzo's was also very good.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My fiancee and I eloped at Angel's Watch Inn earlier this month. The owners Peggy and Bill are two of the most beautiful people you will ever meet. They made us so comfortable I didn't regret for one second not having a big wedding. My only regret was not being able to stay longer. The Inn is beautiful, the service is amazing. My husband and I plan to go back every year to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kornkamper1977
Reviewed November 30, 2010

When I chose to have my wedding at Angel's Watch Inn I wasn't sure what to expect since I was booking from DC and traveling to CT specifically for my wedding. What I was greeted with far exceeded anything I ever expected! I didn't have to worry about a thing...everything from the officiant to the cheese plate to the sparkling cider and toasting flutes...was all taken care of! The only thing we needed was ourselves and our marriage license (which is conveniently acquired at the town hall located right next to Angel's Watch Inn). I was able to put my mind at ease and enjoy my day! Angel's Watch Inn and the staff were friendly and accommodating to my family and really made us feel welcome; it was like meeting with long-lost family. We had an amazing ceremony and have the video and photos as a reminder of our special day. I highly recommend Angel's Watch Inn for your intimate wedding or even just to take a weekend away! The next time we are in CT, we will definitely be calling to make our arrangements!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husband and i decided to get married before I started my new job, we found this place on the internet and with just a little anticipation they did what I called my dream wedding. We were a small group, about 12 peoples (just close family), they took care of everything for a small fee, even helped us to get a marriage license on Saturday because we could not get there early enough on Friday. We are planning to go back for our Anniversary. Thanks a lot guys, you are amazing!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank yajustiniano
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Everything about this place was perfect! A fantastic value!!! Pull up to the beautifully landscaped grounds,1/2 a block from the ocean. Then enter the charming home and you instantly relax. We went here to get married. Bill, Peggy and everyone at Angels Watch Inn made the wedding seamless...it was wonderful. All we did was show up with rings and a license (we got next door from Deborah...took 20 min. )! They even gave us information for a tux shop(thank you Collins) and restaurant for our reception dinner (New Orleans Creative Cooking was terrific). They did it all and they did it with class and elegance...something we couldn't get in Vegas. We have traveled throughout the world, but what makes Angels Watch Inn so special is simply the people who own it. Peggy and Bill truly are the family you wish you had! We don't have the space here to tell you how fantastic the whole experience was...but we can say we will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbrook
Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
Water's Edge Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Westbrook
Westbrook Inn Bed and Breakfast
Captain Stannard House Bed and Breakfast Country Inn

Been to Angels' Watch Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!