“Best Seafood in CT”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I can't go down to the CT shore without stopping for lunch or dinner at Lenny and Joe's. My husband, son and I went Memorial day weekend. I was surprised that even early in the season the whole belly clams were big! As always, cooked up perfect! My husband usually gets the fried scallops which he loves. My parents typically will split the Fisherman's Platter because it is HUGE and they can split it.
If you want a casual feel, head to Madison. Plenty of space to eat inside and outside. After eating, you can get an ice cream and ride the charity carousel. If we want to be served, we head to the Westbrook restaurant. But to be honest, we love the Madison site. We will try and get there early for lunch (right at noon). By the time we are leaving, the lines are getting long! But I do have to admit, you never have to wait long. They have the service down to a T. Very efficient.
I have yet to try the New Haven restaurant which just opened this past year. I will have to try that one my next trip to Ikea!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch and was not disappointed. We were seated without waiting. Had the fried oyster dinner and my wife ordered fish and chips. What can I say, just a damn good lunch everything was fresh and tasty. Portions are large and service was great.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

We generally eat here once or twice a summer. Food is always good, very large portions. Menu has changed recently.
Only thing I don't like is their clam chowder... its not bad but I like a creamier New England style.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Constant quality, never a less than perfect meal in 6 years!
Open 7 days a week, with a crowd at lunch and dinner, although a longer wait in Summer.
Whenever friends visit Westbrook, everyone comes to Lenny & Joe's for an enjoyable event.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stopped here on a Saturday night and was seated promptly. My wife had the small fried shrimp dinner and I had the broiled fish sandwich with fries. The broiled fish sandwich was very good., however the fries were nothing to write home about. They were more like bake potato strips than French fries. They always give you too much of the potatoes no matter what kind you order. The fried shrimp were excellent and the portion big, even though it was the small size. My wife who usually has coleslaw wasn't crazy about it , however I loved it. The loaf of bread is okay, but they should ask if you even want it as we only had a little. The service was outstanding.