“Favorite Seafood Place”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion, Lenny & Joe's seafood is better than Bill's and Johnny Ad's in this area. Lenny & Joe's service is wonderful and the food comes out fresh and hot. The only complaints are the salads need more veggies - mostly croutons and lettuce although large and sometimes seems there are lots of fries compared to the amount of seafood. Next time I'll order a la carte items and mooch fries off someone else's plate! The other places never make much of an impression when I eat there. This place is always packed with repeat customers. We eat here often and the kids are always happy with their meals. The Tshirts are also $6.99 each. Great souvenirs and great place!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We spend three weeks in Madison every year and eat at Lenny & Joe's at least six times. We often go for a late lunch. You get just as much food, great service because it's less crowded, and lower prices on specials. I always have the fried scallops and they take me back to my childhood when my mom would go grocery shopping and send my brother and me uptown to eat. I always had fried scallops then too, and none have ever tasted quite so good since --- until Lenny & Joe's, that is. Friends get the clams and love them, the fried shrimp is plump and delicious too. I wish they'd open a franchise in Ohio, but I guess it just wouldn't be the same!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great food and service every time we go to Lenny & Joes. --shrimp scampi was good. My son loved the crabcakes -- broiled crab and shrimp was fantastic!!! We will go again

Reviewed July 26, 2013

In my opinion this is the best Lenny and Joe's restaurant out of all 3. I like that fact that it's a little less casual than the one in Madison. I find that sometimes the one in Madison is just way too chaotic and crowded. I also like the menu at the Westbrook location much better...there are far more options than just fried food and hot dogs.

1  Thank lisa0208
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a favorite on the Connecticut coast. It's well worth a detour. The food is plain but great. My traveling companions said the seafood was better than they had at Cape Cod. Buy yourself a tee shirt on the way out.