“Our Favorite Seafood Restaurant on the CT Shoreline”

Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
CT
“Our Favorite Seafood Restaurant on the CT Shoreline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Timing is everything! Expecting crowds over the Memorial Day weekend, we took friends visiting from New Mexico to our favorite "fish place" at 4 pm for dinner. Almost immediately, the place started to fill up for the evening. The wait staff were as pleasant and efficient as always. We all thought the meals (fried oysters, scallops & scrod) were awesome, not the mention the locally baked Lyman Orchard's apple pie with vanilla ice cream! This is a family-style, nothing fancy atmosphere, but our friends could well-understand why my husband & I are here most Sundays all year long.

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
“Family Seafood Resturant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for somewhere to bring the kids for seafood this is it! I had the oysters and shrimp from the raw bar and they were excellant. The chowder was below par, We sat at the bar and the service was great! Person next to me had the fried clam plate and they loved it.

Mesa, Arizona
“Satisfy your seafood craving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was craving seafood so we stopped by while heading through town on Memorial Day weekend, about 9 PM on a Saturday night. It was not crowded at that time--I know there can be lines out the door here on a summer weekend afternoon. It is sit-down dining with a family-style, old-fashioned clam-shack type atmosphere. Very limited martini menu, and not much in the line of beers for hubby, either--as a beer snob, he was not happy. I ordered scallops en casserole, hubby had tuna. My scallops were good, fresh, and sweet; hubby's tuna had a line of gristle running through it--neither of us was aware that tuna could have gristle. We both liked the cole slaw--it was not too wet. Fries were the beefy, krinkle-cut kind. We were satisfied with our waitress, who we found out had been with the restaurant for 27 years! All in all, nothing fancy here--just your plain and basic baked, broiled, or fried seafood. But if you are craving an authentic New England seafood experience, I would say this is a good place to go.

Torrevieja, Spain
“very busy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a good meal here. We were quickly seated especially for a Saturday night. The place is full of atmosphere. We shared zucchini strips to start then I had scallops which were delicious and my husband had the crab cakes, would recommend.

Wethersfield ct
“Two bad experiences .... won't be going back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I had two bad experiences in a row from a service standpoint. Management was nice enough after the first problem in Westbrook to send us a gift card. A couple of months later while using the gift card in New Haven, another bad experience. What has happened to this place??? Used to be great and my number one choice for eating out ..... but not any longer.

• Visited April 2013