“Satisfy your seafood craving”

Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale
Ranked #3 of 35 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Mesa, Arizona
“Satisfy your seafood craving”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Was craving seafood so we stopped by while heading through town on Memorial Day weekend, about 9 PM on a Saturday night. It was not crowded at that time--I know there can be lines out the door here on a summer weekend afternoon. It is sit-down dining with a family-style, old-fashioned clam-shack type atmosphere. Very limited martini menu, and not much in the line of beers for hubby, either--as a beer snob, he was not happy. I ordered scallops en casserole, hubby had tuna. My scallops were good, fresh, and sweet; hubby's tuna had a line of gristle running through it--neither of us was aware that tuna could have gristle. We both liked the cole slaw--it was not too wet. Fries were the beefy, krinkle-cut kind. We were satisfied with our waitress, who we found out had been with the restaurant for 27 years! All in all, nothing fancy here--just your plain and basic baked, broiled, or fried seafood. But if you are craving an authentic New England seafood experience, I would say this is a good place to go.

• Visited May 2013

Torrevieja, Spain
“very busy place”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a good meal here. We were quickly seated especially for a Saturday night. The place is full of atmosphere. We shared zucchini strips to start then I had scallops which were delicious and my husband had the crab cakes, would recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Wethersfield ct
“Two bad experiences .... won't be going back.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I had two bad experiences in a row from a service standpoint. Management was nice enough after the first problem in Westbrook to send us a gift card. A couple of months later while using the gift card in New Haven, another bad experience. What has happened to this place??? Used to be great and my number one choice for eating out ..... but not any longer.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank karenldee
Connecticut
“It's all about the food!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is one of my wife's favorite places for lunch. The chowder is famous and rightfully so, and she loves the salads they offer. Always fresh, always delicious.
I stick with the fried food :) clam strips being a favorite along with a foot long hot dog.
This place really is a landmark in Westbrook and in the summer season it's packed. They even have hats and t-shirts you can buy to commemorate your visit.

• Visited April 2013
Colchester, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ho Hum”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I don't understand the popularity of this place: to me, this is a second rate seafood restaurant. Nothing stands out. The place could use a good cleaning. Don't waste your time.

• Visited September 2012