“Lobster AND customer service!”

Lenny & Joe's Fish Tale
Ranked #5 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chatham, NY
“Lobster AND customer service!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Decided on more bang for my buck and went for takeout and back to Westbrook Inn B&B for dinner! Ordered ahead, got there early and was able to observe L&J's FT young staff showing how customer service should be offered. All smiles or at least relaxed, interested expressions; eyes up and immediate "May I help you?"; all stepped up to assist in other areas when they weren't helping customers and noticed other areas needed a hand. Heather, in particular, was delightful - a real asset.

All that and lobster, too!

Went back the next evening after a fabulous afternoon of photographing horses on Hammonasett Beach with a group of equine photographer colleagues and enjoyed another dinner with friends.

Definitely recommend!

Visited November 2012

Lexington, Massachusetts
“Was looking for more..”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Lobster roll below par. Fried fish was fine. I guess it might be better if you tried the fish dishes. Definitely a "family-style" atmosphere.

Visited November 2012
West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“real fresh seafood in comfortable surroundings”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What I like about Lenny & Joe's in Westbrook CT is the fresh fish and the prompt, attentive service. Comfortable, not fancy, satisfying, generous portions, and good value. The waiters and waitresses aim to please without being intrusive. I can get pretty impatient when I am hungry, as well as when I am done eating and want the check. I have eaten at Lenny & Joe's on numerous occasions and have rarely been annoyed. You can't beat the coupling of a cup of their hot clam chowder (full of fresh clams) with a side salad and a hot buttered lobster roll. Bear in mind that I like the lighter CT chowder Lenny & Joe make - no cream in this chowder pot means that you really taste the clams. I don't eat much fried food, but I have tried most of theirs.The cooking oil in the kitchen is always fresh. I like the fried vegie combo appetizer - zucchini and onion rings. For example, the fried calamari, clams, oysters (yum), scallops, shrimp, sole, and scrod are all excellent. The fish sandwich sounds mundane, but the tasted bun just makes it perfect. Shrimp, lobster, and scallop baked casseroles, and baked stuffed shrimp simply rock! If you like fish broiled in lemon, theirs is delicious, and the seafood dinner salad is outrageous. I never need dessert, but there are good choices. Lenny & Joe's is usually crowded. In case there is a wait, you need to know that the bartenders are extremely helpful and mix super drinks, generously prepared. In terms of seating, it is casual and I don't want to sit right next to strangers, so when dining inside I ask for a booth. The patio is also comfortable.

• Visited October 2012
Connecticut
“Great seafood, staff is friendly and service is quick!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was part of a party of 12 co-workers that went to Lenny and Joes. We had made reservations, the table was ready when we arrived. The waitstaff was quick and friendly and efficient. Our meals were all served at the same time, all we're hot! The lunch special let's you choose 2 types of fried food from a list of 6 or 7. I had shrimp and scrod. It was very good! The cole slaw is the best I have had. The pricing is a little high but the food is good.

• Visited November 2012
Connecticut
“Good food”
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Food was good. Decor could use some sprucing up. Service was good. I would recommend to a friend. Broiled shrimp was great.