“Odd Smell And Paper Covered Tables”
Review of Westbrook Roadhouse - CLOSED

Westbrook Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were driving by looking for some good seafood since we were by the shore, so we decided to stop. We walked into the bar, the only door you can use to enter the restaurant. I don't find that very family friendly. The bartender told us to wait to be seated. When it was our turn we got about half-way down the length of the bar and this smell hit us. It smelled like a gym locker -- b.o. and sweat. We continue left into the dinning room, the smell was still there although not has strong. We noticed that every table was covered in white paper. Yes, white paper. At this point we decided not to stay. Their food may be good, they may have even won some awards, but with the menu prices I expect white cloth on my table not white paper and no dirty locker smell.

1  Thank DealMom

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We decided to see for ourselves and try our old favorite for a family birthday meal. Excellent. We are so glad we took the leap of faith. Huzzah! The steaks were cooked exactly to order-Medium rare was indeed medium rare! Top notch steak house with amazing prices. Our party of 5, two ordered steaks one with extra side of onion straws, two ordered apps with meal, one ordered salad for meal. $114.00 not including tip. The owner is indeed back and stopped by our table to see how everything was. If you have complaints about this restaurant then you should bring them up when you are there to be addressed at the restaurant. There were several other tables around us that appeared to be very satisfied. Two large parties and a few people in the bar. We did have an early dinner, 6:30pm on a Saturday night.
Go, you won't be disappointed. We will again be frequent customers.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I went to New Deal yesterday and we were blown away by our meal. First of all let me say the original owner is back managing the place and you can tell the difference. The wait staff is attentive and friendly. Jessica, our waitress was outstanding. The owner also stopped by to see how our meal was which shows how much she cares. Mon - Thur they have a $14.95 special all inclusive meal with a variety of choices. My wife and I had the 1/2 rack of ribs, shoe string onion rings, and garlic mashed potatoes. The ribs were a huge portion and fall off the bone delicious. Included was your choice of house beverage. You cannot beat this deal anywhere on the shoreline. An amazing meal at an amazing price. Next time I will try the steak, prime rib, or center cut pork chop. Just go and try the special meal, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have eaten here many times and it is usually decent. Always good service and my kids really like it. Last night was a major disappointment!! My husband, son and I all ordered filets and they were gross!!!! Soooooo fatty. More like sirloin. Totally a waste of money. Not planning to return. Yuck!!

1  Thank Momofthreekkr
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Yay...Real Steak at a great price!!! Their aged Steak is going to have you coming back for more....and for Your seafood loving friends....a great meal also....the kind of place where the meal is great and the price is even better!!! Try the specials....a real bragain and loaded with great choices!!