“. Usually decent. Last night awful!!!!!”
Review of Westbrook Roadhouse - CLOSED

Westbrook Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Ellington, Connecticut
“. Usually decent. Last night awful!!!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Have eaten here many times and it is usually decent. Always good service and my kids really like it. Last night was a major disappointment!! My husband, son and I all ordered filets and they were gross!!!! Soooooo fatty. More like sirloin. Totally a waste of money. Not planning to return. Yuck!!

1 Thank Momofthreekkr

Hartford, Connecticut
“The Staeaklover's Place to go in a Seafood Lover's Paradise!!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Yay...Real Steak at a great price!!! Their aged Steak is going to have you coming back for more....and for Your seafood loving friends....a great meal also....the kind of place where the meal is great and the price is even better!!! Try the specials....a real bragain and loaded with great choices!!

Visited July 2012
East Lyme, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just don't order the steaks!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We'd been there for lunch a few times and it was always good. Tonight we went for dinner and after being reminded that they were voted "Best Steakhouse in Middlesex County" numerous times, we obviously ordered steaks. BIG mistake! My husband's Rib Eye was decent, but my Filet Mignon was horrible! There is no doubt in my mind that I was NOT served a tenderloin steak - it was very tough and chewy. We will NOT be going back...

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mlh1959
Ct.
“Not very good”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went there May 27 I had the fish special and my husband had the fish and chips. Won't be going back

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank whalers
CT
“New Deal - Could Use a New Chef & New Menu”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

For a restaurant that has been around for quite some time, I feel they are due for a new menu along with a new chef. For those of us who have been going to this restaurant for a long time - it sure hasn't kept up with the times. Many other restaurants offer a new menu but not New Deal. The prices also seem high. I recently had broiled sea scallops. They were good and flavorable. I also choice seasonal vegetables. To my surprise - they were cold. I was not impressed. Bread is always tasty and the salad is always good. This restaurant wouldn't be my first choice or even my second choice. I even thought to myself - I could have made this at home and had a better flavor.

• Visited February 2012