“Family time!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
“Family time!”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Great food ,very clean great service the clam chowder and steamers are amazing ! Love the burgers and fries ,nice atmosphere sitting by the water watching the birds and boats very nice place to spend time with family and friends for food drinks or music

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I ate here just a couple of days ago with my family. After reading all of the reviews, I was really looking forward to trying a couple of their dishes. Alas, the food was one big, overpriced disappointment.

I ordered the "pig's wings" to start because so many reviewers raved about them. All these things are, people, are BBQ ribs. That's it! And to eat BBQ ribs while at a seafood restaurant is a crime in my opinion. However, there is nothing in the description on the menu to indicate that these are basic BBQ ribs. The portion was small (3 ribs total) for a price of $10. There was nothing special about them. They were good . . .enough. But for BBQ, I'll stick with a BBQ joint, thanks.

I also ordered the hot lobster roll, again because of the rave reviews. And again, I was disappointed. The serving size was average (not generous) and there was little flavor to the lobster itself. The bread became saturated and was falling apart by the time I got to the end of the roll. There is something wrong when a New England seafood restaurant charges close to $20 for a lobster roll when I have had a much better lobster roll at Nathan's on Coney Island. Nathan's is not a seafood place and it's practically in NYC so you would think their lobster roll wouldn't be very good and that the price would be higher. Instead, at Nathan's you get about 1.5 times as much lobster in the roll as Bill's gives and the price was between $8 and $10. Shame on you, Bill's, for charging such an outrageous price for such a mediocre offering! The french fries that came with it were very average and the quantity served was somewhat sparse. Their coleslaw is nothing to write home about . . .too sweet and not tangy at all.

My husband ordered the fried fish platter. It was just okay. Again, nothing special but the price was outrageous. ($23)

My son ordered the Pt. Judith calamari and that was the best dish of all, although it's only an appetizer. It was perfectly breaded and the jalapenos helped make the flavors pop.

So overall, while all the food was edible, none of it stood out and the prices they charge are hard to justify. Fresh caught fish should not come with such a high price.

Lastly, I find it somewhat suspicious that this is a cash only restaurant. Who in their right mind opens a restaurant and makes it cash only? Someone who might be playing with the taxes, that's who. Otherwise, it makes no financial sense to keep it cash only. Any expert will tell you that you need to offer customers the ability to pay with credit. Chances are they will buy more if they are not restricted to the cash in their wallet. As for the ATM on sight, please . . .

I might come to this place again but it would only be for an appetizer and I would have to be really hungry and already in the area. Otherwise, find someplace a little more upscale that offers better food.

1 Thank oceanjuli
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Great Outdoor Casual Dining”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Eating at picnic tables in a lovely setting overlooking an inlet and the "singing bridge" makes for a fun summer dining experience. The food is always good---- we especially like the Asian salad with salmon, the coconut shrimp, and the lobster rolls. The fish dishes are always fresh and well- prepared. Casual is the name of the game here ---- come as you are and don't expect tablecloths and fine china. And no credit cards, so be sure to bring your cash!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Westbrook Tradition!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Always enjoy my visits to Bill's --

I come to the beach every year and we're at Bill's at least three times during our visit. The shrimp cocktail is outstanding! The Lobster with stuffing is amazing! I really love their fried clams. They're hard to find but Bill's makes the best! Bill's is always a high point of our visit. Be prepared because it's busy -- and I mean BUSY -- and they don't take reservations -- BUT -- the wait is worth it!! Don't miss Bill's -- you won't be sorry! It's a little expensive -- but no vacation here is complete without a visit to our local treasure! Check it out!

• Visited September 2013
CT
“Best Lobster Roll of the season!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been on a quest to find the best lobster roll this summer and I went back to Bills Seafood to find it! The lobster roll platter comes with fries and cole slaw but the lobster roll is plenty. There was an entire lobster claw in the roll along with other fresh delicious lobster. The bun was perfectly buttered and toasted. I tried the clam chowder which is excellent and my bf had a whole lobster which was also excellent. This is the freshest lobster we have had and the prices are very reasonable compared to other places we have eaten at. Dining is indoors or out, but with extra tables outside now the wait isn't long, so don't be intimidated if you see a long line. It's great eating outdoors and enjoying the fresh air. The menu is extensive and they have daily specials. The atmosphere is casual as well as relaxing. This got my only 5 star rating of the summer....it was that good! Enjoy!!!