“Poor food and service. Go across the street to marina and BOOM Restaurant”

Bill's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My family and I once again tried Bill's. The food is sit down fast food, seems previously frozen. The place is a bit grimy in my opinion. We ordered an appetizer and never recieved it (but were not charged). Just a rushed waitress. The place is definitely casual, which people love, but for the same price, I would go to Brewer's marina across the street and go to their restuarant there (Boom). It looks private, but drive through the marina gates and the retaurant building sits at the docks looking out on to all the boats.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Bill's is a very casual seafood joint, exactly like you'd expect driving through New England. The dining room is made up of a bar and almost picnic table like seating. Outdoor seating as well!

With a wide, varied menu (starring seafood of course, but there are plenty of other options) the food is unpretentious and delicious. The oysters were fresh and the cocktail sauce was fantastic. I ordered the lobster roll and it was so teeming with big chunks of lobster I had to take some out in order to eat the roll! The curly fries were delightful and they have a pretty decent selection of wine (especially for such a casual place). WARNING! Don't order a bloody mary here. Thought the pleasant and accommodating staff were more than happy to pour another shot of vodka in for me there was just something missing. Not worth it, stick with wine or beer.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very popular place with the touristy crowd. The deck is always packed from mid-afternoon on so we opted for the dining room where we were seated quickly by a congenial waiter.
The menu features lots of standard seafood items which are pretty routine for a seafood restaurant so we usually order from the daily 'specials list'. The flounder in beer batter was outstanding; a large portion with fries and a small paper cup of cole slaw. My son order the soft shell crab sandwich which he loved.
Overall, this is the fourth visit to Bill's and we are consistently pleased with the quality of the food and the prompt, friendly service. The prices are a bit on the high side but it's roughly in line with other places in close proximity.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Two weeks in a row I went to Bills for lobster celebrating birthdays. I've eaten at Bills for many years and always loved it. This year is different. The first week the lobster was stuffed and while the stuffing was delish, the lobster had no taste at all and was over cooked. The second time, the lobsters were cold and brought to us in 5 minutes. Hmmmm, something fishy here I thought. Come to find out they told me the lobsters are cooked earlier and put into the fridge until warmed for a diner! I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't even know if this was safe to eat.. I didn't ! Would not recommend anymore.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

This place reminded me of Cape Cod. Decent food, reasonable prices. Lots of traditional fare like fish and chips, fried seafood platters, etc...I had a great piece of ginger salmon on a spinach salad, which was one of the nightly specials. We really wanted to eat outside on the picnic tables, but it had just poured and the deck was slippery so it was closed. Inside it was great too, but loud. I would say that their servings are a little on the small side, so be prepared...oh, and everything is served on paper plates...just a real casual summer feel.