“We never got served”

Cristy's Luncheonette
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We never got served”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Came in for lunch and the sign said to seat yourself... We sat amongst four other tables and after more than ten minutes not one of the servers would even look at us... Finally we were sick of it and got up and left. Get it together please but I won't be back.

1 Thank Emily R

connecticut
“BestBreakfast/OK Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

OK, the breakfast is wonderful. I've had pancakes, Belgiun waffle and eggs benedict: all top notch. The waffles came with fresh strawberries and a homemade topping. My daughter wants to go every weekend, and I typically oblige. However, we did try dinner. The fish and chips would not make anyone forget England.... Go for the GREAT 5-Star breakfast!

• Visited January 2014
“Pancake heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Get here early for breakfast to avoid waiting in line. Everything on the menu is great. All scratch made and ample portions. Whatever you order, be sure to get at least one of the fruit crunch pancakes. They are to die for. They have a crispy, crunchy exterior and no syrup necessary. I know crispy and crunchy are not usually associated with a good pancake - but these really are delic. I believe they use a granola type mixture which caramelizes on the flat top. Yum!

• Visited December 2013
East Lyme, CT
“Love those Pancakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Have been by this place many times over the years, but never stopped. Someone told us their breakfasts were very good. So we went there for breakfast expecting to get some eggs or an omelet. Then we saw the 40+ pancake menu. I ordered the blueberry/raspberry pancake and my wife the pumpkin pancake. They were so incredibly good that I ordered a banana pancake which was also great. With that large list of pancakes, it will be a while before I get to the other things on their menu.

• Visited November 2013
Westbrook, Connecticut, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pancakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

For breakfast Christy's is excellent. Their pancakes are the best I've had outside of home and there are 30 different kinds. The place is usually crowded in the mornings so you may have to wait for a table.
Lunch is average for a neighborhood luncheonette.

• Visited August 2013