“Good food, terrible service”
Review of Boom Restaurant

Boom Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Dining options: Reservations
Description: What's better than a delicious meal? A delicious meal with a view! Boom Restaurant overlooks the stunning Pilots Point Marina, so you can enjoy fresh caught seafood, steaks, and more while dining amongst the gorgeous dockings.
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I think this place gets by on the view. The other reviewers are right about the service. It is awful. Has to ask to be seated even though we had a reservation. Waited 10 min for menus, after we asked. We had to pull another server to ask for drinks. 30 min went by and we finally asked who our server was since no one had come over. Place was not busy either. When we finally got our food, it was really good, but there is NO WAY we are going back.

2  Thank jpk35

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Boom Restaurant's website said the restaurant looked out on to mega yachts. They were right. I think it is hands down the best outdoor waterfront dining locations on the coast...Not a parking lot or marsh views like some other outdoor dining facilities. My husband and I went the other night and boats were still in the water. What a great time we had eating and watching all the activity there. We had the fried oysters to start, light and delicious. My husband had the Surf and Turf special and I had a Halibut in a flavorful broth with grilled vegetables. I would also reccommend the flourless chocolate torte. Our waitor was kind and unassuming and very efficient. A really great night.

1  Thank shoregirl5
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The onion rings, clam chowder, and view are all INCREDIBLE. I had no issue with the waiters...and make sure to order the actual specialty sea food. As in, please, for the sake of the nation, do not go to a restaurant on a marina and order a hamburger. That is just wrong. But I digress. Anyway, my defensive side had to stick up for Boom, I went there with my family a few times and constantly beg my dad to bring me back (since I can't drive yet)!

2  Thank fo s
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had an issue with a waiter,asked to speak to Manager/Owner.The Manager is another waiter,the owner isn"t there on weekends,she pops in during the week we were told.Come to find out this is the same Boom restaurant that closed in Stonington,Ct. due to rude wait staff and average food.Would definetely not go back.Do you yourself a favor.....STAY AWAY.

1  Thank joec04
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Looked forward to a nice lunch on the outside deck over looking the marina. The service was horrible and the food was mediocre at best. The only thing this restaurant has going for it is the location.

2  Thank iristraveler