“It was ok! Nothing special...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Routier

Cafe Routier
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Routier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
New London
“It was ok! Nothing special...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We came to this place to celebrate our friend's birthday. What I liked the most was decor!!!beautiful and very romantic atmosphere. Service was good.food was ok. My appetizer was to salty, monkfish had a lot of saffron in it. For dessert we had turtle cake and profiteroles. They put too much ice cream on profiteroles, so basically it's just ice cream. We weren't impressed. May be wi will come back there.

New Hope, Pennsylvania
“We love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our "go to" restaurant when we want a top quality meal with an upscale, yet comfortable, ambience. The menu changes seasonally, but there are always the regular items on the menu as well. The staff is wonderful. The food is consistently great. We have never had a bad experience here.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Michael A
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Placed was packed for a reason! Yum.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

A local person that we encountered recommended this restaurant. Dining room wasn't available too many reservations so we ate in bar. The bar was fine and our server was attentive. Holly had told us to have the hanger steak and the home made fries and we did and absolutely loved it. Cooked just right. Had a great Spanish wine. Tried to eat there again before we left the area but the snowstorm had the place closing early .... sadly we went elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank westsidebernie
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Due to Water's Edge being so unaccommodating with my dietary restrictions I called Cafe Routier to see if I could get a last minute reservation (Open Table said there were none available) - they sat us 15 min after I called - fantastic! Service was good, atmosphere is very nice and despite there being very few gluten & plant based options I was still able to have two salads and the risotto. Salads were delicious - risotto wasn't bad - wasn't stupendous though either. Everyone else at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meals (all fish dishes). My husband had an excellent beer (I think it was a vanilla stout) and I had a few Black Rita's - whoa those things go down easy! I don't live in CT anymore but my mom and dad used to eat here a lot and always enjoyed it - not sure why it's taken me so long to eat here but I'm glad I had the opportunity to do so on this trip. I'm looking forward to sampling the ever rotating menu again next time I'm in town.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Trulyblessedmama
New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Special Occasion Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here on a cold chilly Tuesday night. Coming in from our day trip to NY early, we decided to change our reservation to an earlier time. No problem; we were accommodated. We were seated promptly in a spacious booth after a warm welcome. Drink orders were promptly taken, and water was served. I opted for a glass of Washington State Cabernet-merlot which tasted like a regional French Bordeaux. Great start to the evening. My wife's chardonnay was also first-rate. But we came here for a special dining experience and we were handsomely rewarded. Sliced baguette was fresh out of the oven with crispy crust and served with olive oil- no butter, thanks! Starters of oysters and raviolo were both superb. We then ordered trout and duck. The trout was among the best my wife had, and the breast of duck was cooked properly and was superb, made even more superb by its accompaniments which included stuffed acorn squash.

We than ordered dessert, which was profiteroles, which resembled a sundae, and creme brûlée, both of which were wonderful.

The dining experience was like dining in a restaurant in France. We really like this restaurant and will most certainly return.

• Visited November 2013