“Nice change in a sea of fish restaurants”
Review of Creative Cooking Restaurant - CLOSED

Creative Cooking Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Tolland, Connecticut
“Nice change in a sea of fish restaurants”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been to many New Orleans, cajuan, and creole restuarants. I have also been to New Orleans. Creative cooking give the food justice while making it its own. I like large menu and twists on New Orleans cooking. I did not find the food as spicy as some cajan food, but still good. They start every meal with a horseradish cheddar spread. Very good, but unfortunetly served with saltines. Wait until the bread comes out to have the cheese. The tomato vinegrette dressing is very good and unique. I had the gumbo and chicken etoffue. Very good, not too spicy and had hints of sweetness. There was some sort of extra spice i could not figure out. Tasted great. Do not skip dessert. The chocolate velvet is amazing. It is really a flourless tort with some hints of chocolate mousse. I will definetly go back. I only wish they had another option for hot sauce. Tabasco sauce does not cut it at a cajun restuarant. And upgrade the crackers for the cheese spread.

Visited August 2013

Clinton, Connecticut
“Touch of New Orleans in Ct.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Another busy Friday night on the shoreline looking for a place for dinner.
Turned into this Route 1 place for something different and they had entertainment that night. Busy but we were seated right away by the cheerful hostess in the large dining room with a long bar in view.
Extensive menu with a mix of New Orleans food prominent, of course we went for that, Cajun grilled chicken po boys sandwich, my husband had shrimp gumbo, "marvelous" he said! I had an unusual Caesar salad, 2 long romaine lettuce topped by a tasty dressing and fresh grated cheese, 2 long wedges of warm garlic bread were so good, could have had that alone, took home part of my generous sandwich.
Service was excellent and friendly.Will go back to try their Sunday brunch which I hear is great.

• Visited July 2013
Wolcott, Connecticut
“horrible”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we had reservations for 4 at 7:30 on a saturday evening. It took over an hour and complaning to even get bread on the table. two of us ordered the shrimp scampi special. the shrimp was good but the pasta tasted like pasta water. no seasoning, no garlic, nothing. it was awful. we asked tp speak to a manager and were told he was also the chef and would be right with us. we waited another 30 minutes and he never had the courtesy to come to our table. we asked again, to which we over heard the chef in the kitchen state.."what do they want" HORRIBLE customer service and food!

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank cwright221
Killingworth, Connecticut
“Not my first review..”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

and all have been mostly positive. My first brunch experience I thought the Styrofoam bowls and plastic utensils needed to be replaced. They were! Brunch itself is not an overwhelming display of selections or particularly artistically displayed, but were tasty. Yes, the shrimp are small and swimming in defrosted ice cube water but the highlights were the delicious omelets and Cajun entrees. A lunch was simply fantastic. But, this Father's Day Brunch was a disappointing experience. All the specialties looked...and tasted the same; not particularly flavorful and all were similar in appearance. The salad greens were warm as was the shrimp. The pork and potato dish was bland and the pork itself chewy. Although the omelet was served hot and flavorful, it appeared downsized. Sorry to say, but I will no longer return for a Sunday Brunch, regardless how reasonable the price.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank pearl33814
CT
“very good meal, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful dinner here on a Friday night. We arrived later, around 8:30, and the place wasn't crowded. My husband's gumbo was very good and the portion was huge. I ordered the chicken etafe, which was also quite tasty. Both entrees came with a salad (mixed field greens--very fresh and we had the raspberry-bluecheese dressing--excellent). For dessert we had a slice of key-lime pie, which was made in house and also vey good.

The chef/owner came out and asked us how our dinners were. He was very friendly. Overall we had a very nice experience and look forward to returning again soon!

• Visited June 2013