“If You Love New Orleans Style Food”
Review of Creative Cooking Restaurant - CLOSED

Creative Cooking Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you love New Orleans style food (po'boys, gumbo, jambalaya, cajun, blackened, to name a few), then Creative Cooking is for you. One of the few restaurants in Connecticut with cajun food, this owner/chef from India knows the cajun style. Couple that with the blues bands on weekends, and throw in some impromptu dancing, and you have a great night out. The restaurant is in an old captains house with a beautiful wide porch the length of the front of the house where summer dining (and music from a band) can be enjoyed. The entrance to the dining area is through the kitchen where you can say "hello" to the chef. We enjoy eating at the bar, listening to the music, and dancing. Atmosphere is congenial and the chef will come out to talk to patrons. If you love New Orleans style food, blues, and a great atmosphere, then Creative Cooking is for you.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been a regular patron for almost 20 years now and I've never been disappointed. I look foward to Chef Sunil's new creations as well as my usual favorite dishes. I've never been to New Orleans, but I've eaten so called Cajun food in many restaurants around the tri-state region. This is by far the best, no contest, and that includes the place up the road!!
Wait till you see the new beer taps!!! They work perfectly with the bar menu.
A good place to watch a football and baseball game too!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the most disappointing meals and lack of service I have ever experienced. A free meal would not be enough to tempt me to walk through their doors again. I just wonder at the positive reviews i see on this site -- Is there another Creative Cooking Restaurant in Westbrook because it certainly doesn't resemble what we experienced. Terrible...just terrible.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We last ate here over 4 yrs ago and left somewhat unimpressed. But we decided to take advantage of a Shoreline Perk coupon that gave us $30 off our ticket for just $15. All I can say is wow. Our waiter was brand new (his first day) so the bartender helped to train him on the different menu items. They must do a great bar business because the bartender is quite a character. I ordered the seafood gumbo while my wife had jambalaya. Both were superb.

Warning: The full dinner portions are huge, meaning you'll be taking half of it home for lunch tomorrow. My seafood gumbo was filled with crawfish, scallops, mussels, shrimp and fish. I counted 14 mussels in my portion, almost as many shrimp, lots of scallops and fish and an incredible number of crawfish. It only comes in one portion size and that is HUGE. My wife had a half portion of the jambalaya and it was almost too much for her. Salad is included with dinner. We were so stuffed we didn't dare try any of the desserts. The prices are cheap compared to the amount of food. I'm amazed they can stay in business giving away that much food. We'll be back and it won't take another 4 yrs to get there.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had dinner there and the food was amazing. I cannot wait to go back. Very generous portions, enough for another meal, probably lunch tommorrow. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!