“Amazing again!”
Review of Creative Cooking Restaurant - CLOSED

Creative Cooking Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We went a number of months ago and were rather impressed with the food and ambiance of this wonderful "New Orleans style" restaurant. We decided we had to try it again! This time we were escorted to our table by a lovely young lady named Annabelle. The chef's special ceviche appetizer was "to die for" and so fresh and flavorful (with a secret blend of their spices) that I ordered two! The dish that made me go crazy however was the Crawfish Jambalaya. I could not believe the amount of savory crawfish that was spread over this amazing concoction of rice, olives and andouille sausage. I knew there was no way I could finish it that night (it lasted for a lunch and dinner the next day) so I decided to order desert (which I rarely have). The key lime pie was better than I could have imagined. My 3 friends all went nuts over their dishes, but I was so preoccupied with mine that I didn't even notice what they had! Also our waiter "Julian" was so friendly and knowledgeable about the menue and the wines (we ordered three bottles between the 4 of us) that we ended up staying there for almost 4 hours!! We decided to make this one of our special regular restaurants!! Fantastic!

Reviewed January 19, 2011

Very high quality food served with a friendly atmosphere. If you are looking for a place to eat that is over the top, this is it. The portions are large and the prices very reasonable for the quality of the food served.

I will be returning to Creative Cooking (New Orleans Restaurant) to enjoy another great meal with a very relaxed atmosphere in the near future. Very few restaurants serve this quality of food.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband and I have been coming to Creative Cooking for about 22 years. We enjoy each visit as if it were the first. All these years, the food has been consistently outstanding and the choices abundant. It was, and is, our "special" place to go for birthdays, anniversaries and get-togethers with friends; as well as a place to "drop in" for a quick bite and a nice beer or glass of wine. The wine list is extensive and I have found the waitstaff to be knowledgeable and helpful as we made selections and choices.
We have always found the waitstaff to be professional. Chef Sunil is always available for questions or recommendations and you will often find him in the dining rooms chatting with customers and making sure all are satisfied in this, his, fine establishment.
My husband and I fully intend to be regular customers for years to come; enjoying the ambiance and intimacy this restaurant affords; the wonderful food and music and the friendliness of Chef Sunil and his staff.
AliceC
Madison, CT

Reviewed January 1, 2011

We enjoyed a fabulous meal for New Years eve at Creative Cooking. We were a party of 4 and each meal was fantastic! We shared the Thai shrimp appetizer it was fabulous and very unique! The seafood gumbo and craw fish bisque were served hot and made us feel like we where was on Bourbon street. Our dinners were some of the best food we have ever had. We all went with the specials the cat fish was to die for! The steak special was so tender and the sauces were divine The service was great and it was a pleasant and relaxed evening. Which is always a gamble on New Years Eve most of the time the restaurants are over booked food is average and service is poor. This was defiantly not the case it was also nice to have the regular menu with specials and not a pre fix menu as most places do on New Years Eve, We will defiantly be back! .

Reviewed December 30, 2010

Atmosphere and service A+. Food A+. You can not go wrong here. Exquisitely prepared dishes under the watchful eye of the master chef. While here we enjoyed the jambalaya, gumbo, crayfish bisque, thai shrimp, blackened scallops and filet mignon. Everything was prepared perfectly and arrived at our table piping hot (let me stress piping hot!) Service was very good, our wine and water glasses were never empty. We will definitely be back many times.