“Thanks Trip Advisor”

Dining options: Breakfast
Sterling, VA
“Thanks Trip Advisor”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Strictly on the advise of Trip Advisors' reviews We chanced having lunch in Westbrook CT. as we traveled from VA to Putnam CT. This is a corner lunch-counter restaurant that one might stroll by on their way to looking for a Ruby Tuesdays. Stop! The lone and only owner-chef was a magician. Watching him was like watching a dance. He never stopped. Dressed with a chef's hat and with a thermometer in his pocket he created delicious miracles. It was terrific! I had a unique crepe and my husband had a burger. They were the best...husband says the best burger he has ever had and he knows burgers. Stop and smell the creations, you won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2014

Princeton, New Jersey
“Outstanding Omelette”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped in to the Turtle Cafe during a long Princeton-to-Providence Memorial Day weekend drive and had the best omelette I've eaten in decades (maybe forever). The ingredients were all fresh and the chef prepared it with care -- we know because the food prep area is right behind the counter. The service was friendly and the price was right.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Hazel12
hartford
“Great little spot”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I loved this place, a bit small but worth it. The food is different and very good. Just a little diner type of place across from the Westbrook Ct green. Worth a try.

Visited June 2013
Westport, Connecticut
“Best Breakfast in Town”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I'm sure there is a bit of rivalry between the two breakfast places in Westbrook (Turtle Cafe and Cristy's) but having eaten at both, I need to give the nod to Turtle Cafe (and since haven't returned to Cristy's). Bottom line: I feel Cristy's might give you more food but Turtle's food ultimately tastes better and has better food on the menu. Turtle doesn't skimp on the portions, just Cristy's gives you too much food.

I really enjoy Turtle Cafe and have enjoyed it by myself, with my girlfriend (as of this visit), with friends and with my family; any occasion, it has been extremely good. Ricky, the chef, is excellent; and watching him work, you feel like he should be at some gourmet restaurant rather than Turtle Cafe in little Westbrook, CT. (Please don't leave). His food is wonderful, his hash browns are the best I've had, and everything has some creativity to it.

The breakfast menu is phenomenal, and there are specials on the board when you walk in. Omelets are great value, something like 3 eggs and 3 choices for $8, inexpensive in the breakfast world. They also have frittatas, crepes, pancakes, waffles and breakfast sandwiches; everything is wonderful! I've had their frittatas, I've had crepes, I've had their omelets and I've had their breakfast burritos, everything is excellent. You can't go wrong.

Lastly, the place has charm and historical significance (at least in its name). The Turtle was the first submarine and built in Westbrook during the Revolutionary War. Its probably Westbrook's biggest contribution. And this little cafe is named after it. The locals are here too. I'm sorta like a local... I've been here every summer of my life; and you can sit up at the counter and chat with those next to you, and everyone is quite friendly.

I don't care if Cristy's has a big line and there's a long wait to get a table. I get seated right away at Turtle and the food is better; so where else am I going to go?

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank SanForza
Key West, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food, incredible menu”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a little restaurant with lots of flavor! Enjoy the casual atmosphere of a hometown diner, with the quality ingredients and tasty menu of a top rated gourmet restaurant. The menu is a range of delight, from your bacon and eggs with the best homefries, frittatas with goat cheese and caramelized onions, sweet and savory crepes, even the oatmeal is incredible! You can not beat this place for taste satisfaction, and the price is unbelievable! An amazing deal.

Visited March 2014