“Prefer Jack Rabbit's, but this was best burger in Westbrook”
Review of Haywire Burger Bar

Haywire Burger Bar
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Westbrook
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried Haywire on a Sunday for lunch and enjoyed seats at the bar and the very personable bartender Jess. We ordered the Haywire burger with fries and the full rack of ribs. The food was OK but not foodie good like Jack Rabbit's or Max Burger or Plan B or the Counter where you can get amazing types of fries and the food just makes you say wow on your first bite. Haywire had that potential as their burgers are huge and they offer similar combos and spiked milkshakes. Unfortunately our food was a little cold and bland. Their fries could have come from my own oven. Nothing special. For the price ($75 for two for lunch with drinks) we should have felt the wow.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I am a local, This is a new business in an old location, a lot of the previous failed! Hence a new try! This one, if they make it through the winter will do very well. I had the Brie Burger (bacon brie caramelized onion) With PINK = med rare It was fantastic The Fries were very good waffel cut Westbrook Post Rd. give it a try

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had thought I was going to order one of their interesting burger options, but ended up going with the portabello burger and it was excellent. I upgraded to the eggplant fries which were also yummy. significant other had a burger and the haywire fries, which must have been pretty good because he devoured everything, I mean not a drop left. I look forward to visiting again and having one of their beef burgers, they have numerous options and combos. I must mention that i ordered a pumpkinhead beer (it is October !) and it was served with a glass chilled with a caramel drizzle and brown sugar rim. I was unsure about that, but boy was it good !! Servers were all pleasant and helpful. An A+ all around.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to have lunch after shopping at the Outlets and decided to swing into Haywire. I'm a vegetarian, so when we walked in, I immediately asked if they had a veggie burger. Well....they had not one, but three veggie options. The decor is updated with lots of modern and classic touches, such as tin all over the bar mixed with wood and modern lighting. We sat at the high tops in the bar area but there's also a very large dining room and outdoor seating. They have a decent beer selection and creative drink selection. My husband ordered the burger with brie, apricot preserves, and bacon, and I had the falafel burger served with a side of zucchini fries......AMAZING!!!! We both ate our entire entrees. It's so nice to have other options besides greasy burgers and french fries. I really like it when a place thinks outside the box. I would definitely return here again. I live in Mystic but work in Westbrook so I'm looking forward to swinging by here for drink and appetizers again soon!!

1  Thank KillaFee
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were detoured because of a parade and stumbled upon Burger Bar. There were a variety of creative burgers on the menu with the option to get them minus the roll. My daughter and I were very pleased with our burgers. Hers came with provolone cheese that had been put on the griddle. Yum! We'll definitely be trying that at home.We also got an order of eggplant fries to share and were glad that we did.