“Great Atmosphere”

Duffy's Tavern
Ranked #8 of 155 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Haven, CT
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

If your looking for an out of sight Itrish Pub this would be the place.

They have a great Happy Hour Menu and Regular menu also.

The food is fabulous and alway consistent.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Eileen D

US
“A cozy Irish pub”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I go to Duffy's at least once a month. A real neighborhood pub with all ages...We love the cozy setting.. Since Husband is Irish, he feels right a home. Ask to be seated in one of their beautiful booths - the high backs of the booths makes you feel like you are in your own little world! I love the veggie burger- I've yet to find another veggie burger as good as theirs anywhere! . Nice casual place to go for a dinner. Great service from a wait staff that remembers you .....one of our favorite places to go.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank bayforest3205
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
“Perfect for families, friends, a date, pretty much anything”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This place is great, plain and simple. The food is wonderful. My husband, my daughter, and I shared the shepherd's pie, the fish and chips, and the fried egg sammie w/ham, bacon, sausage, and corned beef hash. All of it was wonderful. The atmosphere is friendly and inviting. The staff is attentive. We went on a Sunday afternoon, and it was the perfect time for a family visit there (I don't think there was a game on that afternoon). I definitely want to come back with friends to hit the bar side; it looks like fun. Highly recommend giving it a try.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Alicia B
Hialeah, Florida
“unethical management practices”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I bought several no-expiration gift certificates to duffy’s thru restaurant.com in 2010. my wife and I dined there today and when I went to use a certificates I was informed that they no longer participate in restaurant.com, and that they are no longer honoring the certificates that people have already purchased. I fully understand that they may have legitimate business reasons for discontinuing the sale of new certificates thru restaurant.com, but to walk away from certificates that were already purchased is inexcusable – it is at best unethical, perhaps illegal. I purchased their no-expiration-date certificates in good faith and now they have chosen not to honor them. I assured the manager that this is no way to treat a customer and that as a result of this issue I, and all my family and friends will no longer dine at this establishment. I encourage anyone else considering having a meal here to reconsider whether giving one’s business to this disreputable, unethical place makes sense.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank wjkeenan
Allentown, PA
“Fun Irish pub atmosphere with decent ordinary food”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We were visiting my son who attends the Univ. of New Haven and we wanted a local downtown place to take him and some some of his friends to dinner. The college recommended Duffy's because it was a good atmosphere for college guys and had a reasonably priced menu. It was a good choice. We had food ranging from fried scallops, salmon, chicken & steak and all was good, not great. But our son and his friends liked it. It was the perfect fun pub atmosphere and it was what we were looking for. Do not go there for fine dining. Expect reasonably priced, decent food in a lively pub atmosphere.