“Small place, huge portions!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Middlebury, Connecticut
“Small place, huge portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite sushi spots around. Granted the prices are a little higher than other places, the roll size and portion is huge! The spicy crunchy tuna is the best I have ever had and I eat a lot of sushi. The chefs are fun and nice and love sharing some sake. The other menu items are good as well particularly the teriyaki.

West Haven, Connecticut
“....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

The foood was good, but I found something nasty in my sushi. I have had zero tolerance for disgusting tasting sushi and im very strict about that. Not what I expected and the air did smell fishy like someone else said. I'll try them ONE more time. Tonight.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CT
“Best sushi in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

I think I've been to every sushi joint in the West Haven vicinity. I had no idea this place was even there, and even drove by it when my GPS told me to turn in. Ignore the outside, ignore the fact the rolls are a couple bucks more than the area norm. This was the best food I've had for lunch in a while. Top notch product, service, and atmosphere.

Visited November 2011
Burlington, Connecticut
“Sushi Roll the Size of a burrito!?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

My co-worker and I went for lunch after I had seen it was highly rated on TA. He gave me a look as we pulled up because it sure does not look like much from the outside. The lunch special of 2 rolls for $10.95 seemed very high vs other places in the area. We also ordered a special roll. We were shocked at the sizes of the rolls. No skimping on the portions here, esp the fish! The special roll was the size of a burrito! Chef was also very friendly. We left very full...good stuff.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank BadgerConn
Connecticut
“Great value for several years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We get take-out about once a month here, for the past several years. Top quality ingrediants and basic preparations. Order is always correct (important for take-out) and quality is consistently good. I prefer the tuna, both basic and spicy. Don't let the exterior scare you: the interior is actually nice. The customers are more upscale than the neighborhood.
You can't beat the value for the high quality food.

• Visited June 2011