Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Poor reception”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you are expecting a friendly welcome after a hard day, go elswhere!
I am a BW Rewards holder and generally receive excellent helpful service.. Not here. Instructed to sign a form before being given the opportunity to read it. I found that i was signing to pay for any damage to the hotel!! I refused. The hotel is run down, the surrounds unkept, and as a result does not create a good first impression. Decided that after a few words with "Manager" to use an online booking site (booking.com) and go into the city centre.
More expensive but fast improvement.
Fortunately I booked thro BW and their policy of no cancellation charges if you cancel before 16.00 hours is stated on their confirmation sheet. We checked out at 15.50 hours.but not after more argument.
Come on Best Western this place is doing considerable harm to your reputation.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
LONDON
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My colleague & I have been staying at this hotel regularly for the last 20 years! We usually visit for about a total of 15-20 nights per year. The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are quite large & the best part is the friendliness of the staff, who will do their best to make you happy. I find the fridge & microwave in my room very handy. I prefer the higher floors whilst my colleague always has a room on the ground floor so he can get out easily for a smoke! The hotel is very well situated just off the interstate, with a small mall next door & major shopping centres within a few minutes' drive. We really do look upon it as our home in the USA.

Room Tip: Even number rooms don't look out on the interstate. 7th floor executive rooms are a bit bigger,
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete the survey following your visit to the Best Western Executive Hotel-New haven-West Haven Hotel,

Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

We look forward to your return.

The Management
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Best Western is usually one of my favorite hotels.

Don't stay at this one.

Rude management.

We were awakened during the night by a couple arguing loudly nearby our room and it sounded very much like the managers that we had encountered earlier in the afternoon.

The was no apology made the following day when we checked out or even a thank you.
I have contacted the Best Western Customer care and was told that even though the letter was received that there is nothing the management will do to make for better customer care.

Choose somewhere else to stay and Best Western should really think about training these people in West Haven on how to treat their customers properly.

A refund and an apology would have been a good idea for this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these West Haven hotels

Shippensburg
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This place is a true GEM!!!! I recently stayed here with a large group, my team, and we had about 20 rooms. We got to check in a bit early and more importantly, all the keys were named, in order etc. It was the smoothest check in I've had in many years. Jocelyn was right on the mark with everything. I had asked personally for a room on top floor as I am a light sleeper and hate people above me. It was done!!! And...the rooms were terrific. Nice mirco, fridge, HD TV, great channels, clean, very comfortable bed...the works!!! The place was quiet and Jocelyn had mentioned that if we had issues to contact her. Just terrific folks. They asked each time they saw us how the team did. It is a terrific value for this area. There were so many more places at higher prices we could've stayed at and I am positive not gotten the fantastic experience we got here. Breakfast area was a bit tiny for our group but, that is a very minor issue. Only other thing is that I like AC units that run the whole time, like that noise. This one turned off and on. But, it worked FANTASTIC!!! Room was very cold which I like. I would stay again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite 95 side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts .

It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executive Hotel the next time you are in the New Haven-West Haven area. We look forward to your return.

Indian Trail, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I would suggest a manager actually go in the room, look around, turn things on, try wifi, a/c etc and see if they would be comfortable in their own rooms. There seems to be a lack of housekeeping, handprints, dust, stained bathtub, holes in the walls and stains too, ..........pretty ghetto

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey following your visit to the Best Western Executive Hotel-New haven-West haven hotel.

I am disappointed we failed to handle all of your requirements in a satisfactory manner and I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and corrective action has been taken.

I hope you will give us another chance. And I can assure you to do everything to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

The Management
Pepperell, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been coming here weekly for over 6 months now and if I was not happy I would have left by now so there doing everything right.comfortable rooms and the pillows are better then the ones I own my self.
The staff is by far the friendliest to deal with.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Mr. C.

Wonderful review. Thank you so much . I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff . I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

We look forward for your return.

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This Best Western delivers what it promises. It is one of the best values in the area. Check-in and check-out are easy, parking is easy, staff is very helpful, breakfast is good and served for a long period of time, rooms are clean and well kept, sheets and pillows are very comfortable and you get a very restful sleep. No complaints whatsoever from check-in to check-out. Quick and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank hmd2010
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our Hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.

We consider dedicated and competent staff members like Benjawan our most valuable asset. She was pleased that you acknowledged her efforts.

We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Haven
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!