“bad night of sleep”

Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a queen bed room and the bed was not. My husband is 6 feet 2 inches and was hanging off the bed. The mattress was old and we kept rolling into the middle of it. As we were leaving the room for 11am checkout we were called at 1102 am by the front desk by a curt agent wondering why we hadn't left the room yet. It was a Sunday and the hotel was not booked to capacity for that night nor for check in on the day we checked out. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey following you visit to the Best Western Executive Hotel-New Haven-West Haven area.

I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. You have alerted us to an area needing attention and corrective action has been taken.

Pleas give us another chance . I can assure you we will do everything to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Sincerely.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was located near the University of New Haven where we were dropping our son off for college. The area is nice with restaurants located nearby. The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. A decent breakfast was included. I would stay here again as I like the location and the hotel was clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete the survey following your visit to the Best Western executive Hotel.

your comments on our performance were most generous . it is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited for three days in July with my family and encountered the rudest staff that anyone can find! Upon arriving we discovered we had only two towels, so we called down for more towels and the lady at the front desk told us to come and get the towels. During our stay our hotel key stopped working so I called the front desk and they said, "So? You're in your room aren't you?". After explaining that we would need this key working, they finally sent someone up after 10 minutes and it took them at least 20 minutes to fix it. Later that night, a couple was having an extremely loud argument for hours, and nothing was done to stop it. The pool was unusable to us due to the fact the the filter was not running, the water was murky. The bathroom was poorly vented and the plumbing was horrible. The only pros about this hotel were that it was conveniently located next to the highway and next to a Walmart. Not even Anthony Melchiorri could fix this hotel.

Room Tip: Just save money to stay at the Omnihotel in New Haven
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Executive Hotel .I appreciate your taking the time to write a survey and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure the problems you experienced do not happen again.

The Front Desk staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will take immediate corrective action.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us another chance and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Showed improvement in room appearance. Water pressure is still an issue. Food preparation and appearance definitively improved. Sad to say the Front Desk could have been more helpful. I tried to leave a message for Housekeeping when we were leaving but I got waved off as if it wasn't important.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
bestwesternWesthaven, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Executive Hotel, I appreciate your taking the time to write a survey ,

We pride ourselves on our professionalism in the business of making our Guests comfortable and greatly appreciate your taking the time to let us know how we can improve.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executive Hotel New Haven -West Haven. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been at this hotel many times and always felt welcome here.
The people like Benjauan are really pleasant to talk too and react with.
The hotel is next too a DD and Texas road house, witch is great.
I will as always be glad to stay at this hotel as long as I am here in New Haven.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
bestwesternWesthaven, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Mr. Lou R,,

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments. knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

Again, Thank you very much and we always look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Exactly what you would expect from a major chain. No bells and whistles, but a decent, clean place to stay with professional staff, nice breakfast, good service. I would stay here again if i were travelling this way again. Nice to know what to expect and to always get it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Motherof2plus2,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and service .I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

We appreciate your patronage and I hope you will stay with us again at The Best Western Executive Hotel in New haven-West Haven the next time you are in the area. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days on a business trip. The Internet connection was very good, the bed was comfortable and the full breakfast with eggs, sausage and the usual accompaniments was fine too. My only complaints is that the maid service was spotty. The housekeeper never left wash cloths in the room, never emptied the coffee pot and never replaced the packets of coffee. I had to go to the front desk and ask for these things. Once when I called the front desk to ask them to bring me wash cloths I was told I had to come to the front desk to get them. Having done that initially I told the desk clerk that I was tired of going back and forth and told them to bring the wash cloths to my room, which they finally did—but I shouldn't have had to ask for these things when they should have been provided daily by the housekeeper. If you stay here for only 1 night this is not an issue. If you stay for a week, be sure to load up on wash cloths and coffee packets when you check in.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
best1234, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you very much for completing the survey. I do apologize for any inconvenienced you had in our hotel.

I will make sure that the right Department will review your comments and will make sure it will not happen again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Haven
New Haven Village Suites
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!