“Could have been better.”

Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed here a few nights during the hurricane and wasn't really impressed. Actually had to leave three days into my stay because of the expensive rates, luckily I was able to make reservations elsewhere at a cheaper rate with much better service. The staff at Best Western were very friendly and the breakfast was a plus but we just couldn't afford the high rates. I believe June was the gentleman who checked us in and checked us out, he was very kind and understanding of our situation. I would stay here again but hopefully no more then eighty or ninety dollars a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
best1234, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Reviews4u,

Thank you for your comments at the Best Western Executive Hotel -New Haven-West Haven and accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

Our Hotel information is listed in the Best Western Travel Guide and also with Best Western Reservations Center and in our room. and we do honor AAA rate, AARP member rate etc.

We appreciate your patronage and hope this inconvenience will not keep you from returning to our Hotel, Best Western Executive Hotel. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Guest & Services Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Good stay after a very long drive. The room was clean, Best Western beds are soft, the staff was very good and the breakfast had a good variety of healthy foods that were hot and cold. The location is very close to the major highway and we could hear the traffic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Deborah W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

To Toluce,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hopefully we can exceed your expectation on your next trip.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Never stayed here but during the hurricane they wanted $180. for a room that normally goes for half that. When we asked if that's the normal price and would it be that price next week we got "I don't know" both times in what can only be termed an, um, evasive tone.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jocelyn R, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Sullific,

Thank you for your comments regarding the rates. Our rates is listed in the Best Western Road Atlas and Travel Guide and also with the Best Western Reservations center and also in our hotel room.

We do honor triple a discount, AARP member,Manager's special , extended stay, group rates.
I hope this inconvenience will not keep you from returning to Best Western Excutive Hotel.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a good place to stay for the business traveler. Water pressure on 6th floor was low. Tough with a family. All the basic amenities were fine. Free breakfast, internet, refrigerator and microwave all useful. Price was right too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sokobird

Dear Sokobird,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay for the most part. Hopefully we can exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel last September to celebrate my birthday and I would highly recommend this place. The room I stayed in was very nice and clean. Breakfast was amazing, especially the pancakes, sausages and eggs! The staff were great and the manager, Jocelyn, was extremely friendly and helpful. I didn't see any bugs or had any problems with room. Again, I highly recommend staying here because it was a lovely experience and I can't wait to go back there next year or anytime sooner!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rick K

Thank you for your survey and for taking the tim out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary survey.
I am passing on your comments, knowing it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am very grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I never write reviews, but really feel that people need to be aware of what happened at this hotel. We went to stay at this hotel as a result of losing power because of Hurricane Sandy. I reserved the room for two nights, 10/30 and 10/31. We stayed the first night and were given a room that was clean, and in pretty good condition. The next morning, we did not check out, and had no intention of checking out, as our reservation had been confirmed for that night. We took our things and left for the day. We returned that night at around 8:45 pm and when I went to the room my key did not work. A little boy opened the door, and it was obvious that the room had been given to someone else. This despite the fact that we had NOT CHECKED OUT. When I went downstairs, reception was quite unhelpful, and ignored me for a few minutes, they really did not seem to care about what had happened. One man totally ignored me, and the other blamed the manager. I was eventually given another room. The room they gave me reeked of cigarette smoke, and I could not expose my children to that. So again, I went downstairs with my two young children and told them that the room was unacceptable. They gave me another room, and when I pulled off the sheets, I found pubic hairs in the bed. This was unbelievable, and was the absolute last straw that broke the camels back. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and was a horrible experience. The management was not onsite when this happened, and the staff had not been trained how to properly deal with complaints. The staff kept saying "I am trying to do my best." We left and went to another hotel, they eventually comped us for the first night. But the experience was traumatic and horrible. I will never feel safe leaving my things at a hotel again. They totally took advantage of the situation with hurricane Sandy and tried to unscrupulously double book a hotel room. I have filed a complaint with Best Western corporate as well.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CTtravel33780

Dear CitiTravel,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at our Hotel. I appreciate your taking the time to write and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I assure you there is no intention to insult our guests.And there is no intention to charge you on the second night. If you experienced any lack of courtesy when you complained. i sincerely apologize. We are in the business of serving the public and wish to do so at all times with complete courtesy and efficiency.

Sincerely.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed in Room 501 of this hotel on the evening of Oct 7. I didn't notice anything at the time, but within 24 hours of checking out, I was covered with welts on my arms and legs.

I suspected that this hotel might have had bed bugs. After not being able to find an e-mail address to contact the management, I checked Trip Advisor and saw other recent bed bug reports, which reenforces my suspicions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Deborah W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Mikefs and fellow Trip advisor viewers.
Thank you for you reviews. Both positive and negative feedback is imperative to ensuring our guests’ satisfaction. We always welcome both.
This matter is never taken lightly here. We have and will always fully investigate every situation that arises, concerning our guests and their safety. I and the staff here go thru extensive training in handling and preventing Bed Bugs and we utilize this training daily. We also work in conjunction with professionals to ensure this epidemic, effecting hotels everywhere, does not affect our guests. I can assure you that this is handled.
I apologize for any miscommunication on our part. I and other management make ourselves always available to our staff and more importantly our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or comments at 203*933*0344 x 117.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Haven
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hilton Garden Inn Milford
Courtyard New Haven at Yale

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!