Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven
$144
Orbitz.com
$99
$84
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$231
$178
Agoda.com
$125
$116
$170
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsnew havenhome from homeroom was cleanplace to staybagelsindoor poolgreat roomshort driveoff the highwaybusiness tripconvenient locationjocelynwalmartbwconnecticutyalecollege
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I loved everything about this hotel..friendly staff, wonderful breakfast. clean rooms. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in this area. I came here with my family on my way to New York from Vermont. It was an easy stop along the way very conveniently located off I95.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Deborah W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property here on Trip Advisor. It is always such a pleasure to hear such positive comments from our guests. It truly is a reward for us to know that our guests feel welcome and comfortable.
We hope that you will visit again on your next trip up I95. It will be our pleasure to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Checked in Best Western, 490 Sawmill Road, West Haven Conn. Sept. 25, 2012 around 8 pm. On September 26, 2012 at around 2:50 a.m., I awoke with bed bug bites in head, and around my neck. Pulled back covers, looked behind mattress and bed bugs were crawling everywhere. Awoke wife, checked her for bites, and called front desk. Requested manager to come to room. Nora answered phone at front desk, said manager not on site, and against hotel policy to come to guest room. Nora did not appear or sound to be the least bit alarmed or surprised that we were complaining of bed bug marks. Wife and I packed bags, and took photos of bite marks, video and photos of bed bugs on bed and collected a bed bug speciman and took it all to the front desk and showed it to Nora and requested a refund. Nora said she was not authorized to give a refund. We filled out guest accident report and Nora said she would give it to manager Jocelyn Rojas who would contact us. Nora was informed again, that we wanted management to inspect room prior to our departure so that it cannot be claimed that we were making a false allegation of bed bugs. Nora again stated that she could not inspect the room. We left the hotel. After five days, Jocelyn Rojas has not made contact, nor has anyone else representing Best Western. My advice to you is to stay away from this hotel. It has bed bugs and management that is not caring or responsive. STAY AWAY! BED BUGS!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Yusef A

Dear Yusif and fellow Trip advisor viewers.
Thank you for you reviews. Both positive and negative feedback is imperative to ensuring our guests’ satisfaction. We always welcome both.
This matter is never taken lightly here. We have and will always fully investigate every situation that arises, concerning our guests and their safety. I and the staff here go thru extensive training in handling and preventing Bed Bugs and we utilize this training daily. We also work in conjunction with professionals to ensure this epidemic, effecting hotels everywhere, does not affect our guests. I can assure you that this is handled.
I apologize for any miscommunication on our part. I and other management make ourselves always available to our staff and more importantly our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or comments at 203*933*0344 x 117.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a part of a road trip and I must say we should have kept driving. The hotel room was ok but it was certainly in the "wrong end of town". We did not feel safe in the area at all and did not venture out after dark. The front desk staff we unfriendly and unhelpfull and for us as travellers not what we were looking for. The room itself was just ok but was way over priced for both the area and the amenities. I am a Best Western Rewards member but I wished we had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter P
Deborah W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Peter,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback from your stay. On behalf of the team here and myself, I would like to apologize for your less than perfect stay.
Although there is little we can do about the building next door, we find our location very safe and convenient to the highway, downtown West Haven and New Haven areas. We do work closely with the town and hope to have a resolution for that neighboring space soon!
As for the comments on the staff, I can assure you that immediate action has been taken. It is absolutely never under any circumstances acceptable to make any one of our guests feel anything less than appreciated and valued. That is not the meaning of customer service and it is not our standard here. I appreciated you bringing this to my attention. With your feedback we can further ensure that no one else will leave feeling the way you did.
I hope that during your future travels you can return to our property and allow us the opportunity to better serve you. I would be more than happy to handle your reservation personally and extend to you a comparable discount on your stay. When you are ready to book, please contact me at 203*933*0344 x 117. I will be placing several bonus points onto your rewards card to compensate you for your experience here.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at Best Western last weekend and found bugs in my bed on the day i was scheduled to check out. I reported it to the front desk, they sent their maintenance man up to my room. He saw the bugs and stated that he would report it. Upon checking out, the front desk clerk did not apologize for me finding bugs in my bed. I called hotels.com the next day and explained what I found in my bed and was told to hold on so that the rep could call Best Western to see if the hotel manager would give me a refund.

The rep click back over and told me that he was told that no bugs were found. Imagine my shock at the lie that was told. If anyone is planning on staying at the Best Western in West Haven, CT, do not accept room 203 which is the room that I stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Tia203
Deborah W, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

We take the matter of bed bugs very seriously here and inspect for them on a daily basis to ensure our guests do not encounter them. It is a Best Western standard that all staff be well informed with the matter and receive special training.

The room you stayed in was fully inspected by myself and the staff here. We did also have a professional company come in to triple check the room was bed bug free. We are aware of how quickly a problem like that can spread. We spare no expense when comes to preventive care and or removal.
Hotels.com did phone the hotel and they were advised to handle the reservation matter with you at their discretion.
We apologize that the staff did not meet your expectations while you were here. It certainly is not our practice to have guests feel that way.
If you are not satisfied with the resolution your booking agent gave you . Please contact me at 203*933*0344 x 117. I would be more than happy to speak with you further.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a 2 1/2 star property. The location is very convenient, not attractive - low end retail/fast food. The hotel is very clean and attractive, nice beds, sheets, pillows and bath. Air-conditioner is in room - not as comfortable as central cooling.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo