“Do not stay here”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
new hampshire
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Traveled with large group for baseball tournament. Staff unfriendly. Rooms smelled of smoke even though it was a non-smoking hotel. Lounge area was so dark you could barely see in there. Bartender had no ice, no beer (oh two brands of beer) and would never give change back unless you asked for it. Had two towels in my room and when I called for more they said we had to go to the front desk ourselves to get any extra towels. One family had bed bugs in there room. Found bugs in the first room and upon being switched to a second room...more bugs. Staff insisted it was not bed bugs even when they showed her the bug! Breakfast was bad. No plates, had to eat eggs out of a cup. Hotel is right off the highway so if your room faced the highway it was extremely loud. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone. Our entire group (40 people) would never go back to this hotel. Good price but not worth it.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank nhtraveler188

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 19, 2010

This was my second stay at this hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and the location is great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larchule
bestwesternWesthaven, Manager at Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you for your survey concerning your stay at the Best Western Executive Hotel in New-Haven-West Haven.Also, Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary letter.

I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and ope you will stay with us at the Best Western Executove Hotel in New Haven-West Haven the next ime you are in the New Haven area. We look forward to your return.

Sincerely

Jocelyn Rojas
Guest & Services Manager
ridge ny
Reviewed August 16, 2010

I have been in business and customer service my entire life . I refuse to believe all of the negative reviews , I have stayed in many 5 star hotels across the country , the staff is friendly , helpful , courteous , kind and generous my father who is 80 and i had the most wonderful stay of our lives , i request a gift backet and flowers and they were there for him . they sent brandy up every night . this is not the plaza it is a family hotel , it is clean and well kept . what made the trip special is the staff . I am going back this month

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ridge7
Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stopped here about midnight on a Saturday night. I moved into a place with bedbugs 3 years ago and I never want to experience that again so I always check my hotel rooms VERY carefully before bringing anything in. First of all, the room had a very strong, weird odor. Kind of like urine but not urine but a dirty smell nevertheless. When I took the sheets off the bed, there were bedbug covers on the mattress and boxspring and I was immediately suspicious. We flipped up the matress and checked it and we lifted up the boxsprings and checked under them and didn't see anything. My husband was thinking the room was fine and I said lets pull the bed out from the wall just to make sure. When we pulled the bed out from the wall, there was a bedbug on the boxspring. We hightailed it out of there. When we told the woman at the desk, she didn't look surprised at all at what we had found. She offered us another room on the first floor and we said no way! She acted like it didn't matter to her at all. I really hope that nobody who's stayed there recently has brought those nasty things home with them!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these West Haven hotels

Lisburn
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We had a comfortable stay although it is more of a business hotel. Rooms were clean and staff helpful. Breakfast was great and there was also a bar/restaurant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SeaMist6
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Great and affordable hotel andand great staff and the room is clean and spacious

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sparkyiskool
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This hotel was pretty decent. Our room was smelly, it was not a horrible oddor, but seems it was the carpet but for one night it was a bargain. The breakfast is not really a full breakfast, but for those travel conscientious it would be a bargain. We got our full breakfast from Dunkin Donuts behind the hotel. I-95 was in front of the hotel but we were blessed having a room not in front of the major highway, it was good overall. I do recommend this hotel for those staying for only one night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
Hyatt Place Milford/New Haven

Been to Best Western Executive Hotel Of New Haven-West Haven? Share your experiences!