“This Restaurant is a Shadow of it's Former Self”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #4 of 158 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First of all, the service was the worst I have ever had in any restaurant at anywhere. It impossible to get refills on our soft drinks, coffee or water, even though we requested them. Also, always before, you could always get more rolls, etc. if requested. Not this time...all requests went unfulfilled. It took more than 30 minutes to get our check after requesting it. All this while our server spent a lot of time standing around chatting with other employees. We were there shortly after opening, and the restaurant was not busy like it is a little later in the evening.
Now, for the food. The blossom onion was not cut right & it was impossible to break off the pieces. If you tried pulling a piece off, all that you got was the coating because it wasn't cut through. What a mess! The bar-b-que chicken breast was not done & smothered in sauce--too much sauce & not good. The steak was too done--ordered as medium rare, but was well done when served. And it is difficult to get your food down if you don't have anything to drink with it.
I would have relayed our complaints to a manager on the spot, but none could be found. We were asked if everything was ok (I presume by someone in management), but that was shortly after we were seated before we even ordered. How would you even know at that point?
The first time I ate at this restaurant, a couple of years ago, the service was perfect as was the food. I think this restaurant could be a victim of it's own success--too busy & too short staffed (or not well trained staff) to provide the service they should. Every restaurant can have an off day. I hope that's what this was.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Beside being allowed to throw peanut shells onto the floor (which get quite old after your first visit) their food is okay, but it used to be so much better. I wouldn't say don't visit, it is a fun experience but if you were here in the past, then you would understand that change it has made.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I usually eat here when I stay in West Haven. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is always excellent. Sometimes there is a long wait, so I avoid this by going over at abnormal hours (3pm for example)

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I love Texas Roadhouse salad and bread! I shared an 11 oz sirloin, baked potato and salad with my husband. It was plenty of food for both of us and was very good. Our server was nice but she got a couple of small things wrong on our order- probably because if how loud it was in the restaurant. Texas Roadhouse is a great place to visit for good steak at a good price- its always loud though.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went there with family around 9pm, it's full with customer with fun atmosphere. The decoration ons the wall are nice. Free peanuts are fun, they let us dump the shell on the floor, it's fun. They out of prime rib that time, so I ordered the ribeye steak, hmmm, the best steak I ever have. Very juicy, and it's big. I really enjoy the food there. Highly recommended, definitely will go back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western