“Try it you won't be disappointed!”

Mike's Apizza & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 155 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Try it you won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have been a steady customer for the past year after a friend recommended that I give Mike's a try. This is by far the best pizza I have ever tasted that was not made in a brick oven. Mike's is right up there with Sally's and Pepe's. I have read other reviews where their were comments about the staff being rude, this has not been my experience. I'm always treated nicely when I go there and they are very friendly, maybe the other reviewers caught them on a bad day or I just go when they have good days. The crust is not too thin or thick its just right and the sauce is incredible.

• Visited July 2012

“BEST PIZZA IN NEW HAVEN COUNTRY”
Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

The fresh tomato garlic basil pizza is the best I have ever had. The crust is thin and great tasty sauce too. Try the soups made daily.Stuffed eggplant is unbelievable. Casual atmosphere. Love love love this place.

West Haven
“Above average”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Not as good as Pepe's in New Haven but easily the best pizza West Haven has to offer.

• Visited October 2011
West Haven, Connecticut
“That night. ;(”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The pizza was a good grab for lunch. not for dinner. though im a strict grader, I don't give out 5s or 4s much to pizza kitchens because I'm a very strict person on eating too. Pizza is very greasy and oily and fatty . This pizza sauce is great!!!! BUT they put too much or TOO little. I was very disappointed when I got home.

• Visited January 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
“Best Thing I Ever Ate”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Don't go for the ambiance and atmosphere, there are none. I mean the place is in serious need of a make-over. Don't go for the service, somewhat surley, but in a fun kind of way. GO FOR THE PIZZA! I am a pizza snob and this place is the bomb! The Brocoli Rabe and Pepperoni Red (order it welldone) is one of the best things I every ate. It haunts my dreams. I can't understand why anyone in West Haven would want to bother with Zupardi's... watery sauce and they cut it with their eyes closed. Go to Mike's and order the pizza. you will believe!

• Visited December 2011