“Must try, Don't drive by!”

Turkish Kebab House
Ranked #10 of 156 Restaurants in West Haven
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 10% If You Bring Your Online Coupon
Reviewed March 8, 2013

So this place has been recently updated. Before, it look liked you might want to drive by but don't.. Food and service is excellent. From the Hummus (Best) to Chicken Shish to Lamb dishes, this place is spot on. BYOB is a plus too! Most tender chicken I have ever had.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I happened to be taking a Satuday graduate class as UNH across the street, and a few of us needed a place to grab a quick lunch on our break. I had passed the Kebab House a few times, but from the outside, it didn't look like much was going on aside from the construction around the walkways. Four of us went Saturday and ordered three different meals, the chopped chicken, the chicken shish and the lamb. The waiter was very cordial. They brought out ammmmazing homemade bread (and refilled after we finished the first serving), a dish of hummus, baba ganoush, and other appetizers while we were waiting. All were delicious. The meals came, fairly quickly, and all were accompanied by creamy mashed potatoes, rice pilaf, a grilled pepper and grilled tomato. My only comment (and not really a negative) was the pepper was not soft, but pretty much just warmed up. Other than that, the food was delicious. The chicken was very moist and nicely seasoned, but not spicy. I wound up not being able to eat the whole meal and took almost half the chicken home. I plan to make a return trip with my husband. Oh, and another surprise, inside, although small is quaint and nicely decorated with red curtains and comfortable tables and booths.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Well, for many years it has been a competition between Turkish Kebab House and Saray - both restaurants within half a mile from each other in West Haven, CT. I have had a bunch of meals at each one and lately have been more frequent at Saray. But I have taken my family (8 people) to Turkish Kebab house last weekend. We made a reservation at the last minute. We printed out a coupon on restaurant.com and it was a great bargain.
But, I have to say that we all loved it independently of bargain prices. The food (quantity, freshness, deliciousness) was delivered very quickly (appetizers and bread), and the main courses appeared timely - even though there were so many of us, and every plate was good! Waiter went an extra mile to provide a great service, and the whole restaurant is smaller and therefore cozier than Saray.
There is a construction going on outside, but do not be dissuaded by the external appearance. Enjoy delicious Turkish cuisine.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook