“Throwback to when times were both good & bad!”

Jimmies of Savin Rock
Ranked #94 of 164 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

You know the phrase..."it is what it is?"

This epitomizes Jimmy's in 'Staven...

Nothing fancy about this establishment that's been here for over 30 years.

Fried fish, clams, mussels, steamers. lobstah, whatever you fancy that will put you into a coma directly after devouring.

And it's nice to see a non-Italian East Coast establishment that still adheres to the "bread, soup or salad comes with everything."

1  Thank Berry_Waters

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I haven't been to Jimmies in about 30 years and now i know why. It was awful then and it still is. I got a lobster roll($21) and they had the nerve to serve lagostino pieces mixed in with real lobster. I told the waitress and she took it back and I could have gotten something else. I refused to get something else because I didn't know if it would be real or imitation.. Jimmies of Savin Rock is awful

1  Thank marcy158
Reviewed August 23, 2018

All food had to be sent back due to being uncooked and over loaded with grease. Also food was not seasoned well and the coleslaw was spoiled.
The manager was not accommodating, not interested in what her customer had experienced in their poor food preparation. They made very little adjustment on the tab.

3  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed August 20, 2018

I've been going to Jimmie's since I was a kid going to Savin Rock. It became a go-to place in college. It was a favorite for many many more years. When it was time to pick a place to go for my birthday last week, I chose Jimmies because you always had my favorite fried shrimp! Boy it has changed!!! The shrimp were small, over fried, rubbery and the amount has drastically reduced.....a total disappointment!

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Dirty bathroom women pads nasty brown blood all over the toilet and funky. Food was unseasoned, over drowned salad withdressing and cheap oily fries. We drove 45 mins just for what.