“Good food - good service - but dirty ladies room -”

Jimmies of Savin Rock
Ranked #82 of 155 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Southington, Connecticut, United States
“Good food - good service - but dirty ladies room -”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ladies room was horrible - needs to be re done - and very dirty - please attend to this for your customers - then you would get an excellant from me - and I am sure others

• Visited May 2013

“Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was Mother's Day and I said this is where I would love to go, so off we went, we arrived at about 145, the wait was about hour and half, not bad at all, it was true to time, we had onions rings very good,I had the fried scallop platter with baked potato and salad, the best scallops, my hubby had the filet of sole, baked potato, and salad,I had 2 strawberry daiquiris tasted very good, the food, atmosphere were very good, so worth the wait, and it was reasonable priced, our favorite seafood place

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Mollydoll61
Queen Creek, AZ
“Somewhat disappointed”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I used to go to Jimmies back in the late 1960's while I was in college. At that time it was a great outdoor eatery. I move out of Connecticut 17 years ago, but was recently in the area and decided to try Jimmies again. The food was OK, but a bit pricey. The service was good. I liked the coleslaw and my wife and daughter enjoyed the french fries. I had the stuffed flounder, which was overcooked and somewhat dry. My wife has a seafood sampler which consisted of a stuffed clam, stuffed shrimp and stuffed flounder. All of the main items were cold inside. Apparently, Jimmies prepares the food ahead of time and then throws them in the oven to cook. Obviously they did not leave my wife's food in the oven long enough. My daughter had a huge portion of fried clam strips which were very good. I may go back again, but the reviews of neighboring Turks may persuade me to try that restaurant first.

Plainville, CT
“The view almost makes it worth it...”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found Jimmies to be just average. The view was nice- the waitstaff helpful and friendly, but the food was nothing special- barely average. My prime rib was cold when I received it, and the drinks I ordered were, although strong, not very tasty. The prices were also quite high.
The one good thing about the restaurant was the ability to take a stroll along the beach afterword. I imagine it would be nice to eat outside during the summer, as well.
One notable downside was the bill- there was a 15% gratuity put on the bill for a table of 4, and I have NEVER heard of this with such a small crowd.

Derby CT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was real bad”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went out with another couple, well listen to this.
All the FF where cold the food was over cooked.
I will never eat there again, yes they told me I could send it back but I hear stories when you do.
It cost over $100.00 now I know why they add the tip in the bill.

1 Thank Larry C