Savin Rock Roasting Company
Ranked #3 of 157 Restaurants in West Haven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are committed to offering our customers the finest Steaks, Chops, Seafood, Pastas & Old Fashioned Favorites. We prepare our own house made Pastrami, Roast Beef, Corned Beef, Turkey, Porchetta and much more. Our blended seasoning recipes and special method of slow roasting offer you a fabulous flavor that you can't forget. We use only the finest ingredients available from local purveyors and classic old world methods of preparation for all of our menu items.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times, and brought family and friends for lunch...never disappointed! The selection is always fresh. Try the bread pudding for dessert, it's got white chocolate in the mix! To die for!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We have enjoyed this restaurant for a few years now and it has been consistently good. During the nice weather we enjoy the fact that they have a few outdoor tables.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

On a whim, my partner and I stopped in for dinner.
Easy to find, decent parking, we were greeted by the manager and waitstaff in a warm manner,
and seated,
I had heard good things about this place, and even though we live mere blocks away, had never
ventured in.
My partner ordered a special from the black board menu, the porketta.
I started with cheese-filled squash blossoms.
My appetizer, shared between us, was light, savory, and flavorful.
The blossoms had a delicate cheese filling, were lightly battered and fried in
obviously clean, fresh oil. Served with a fresh tomato sauce and shaved cheese,
they had no greasy after-taste, and I am thinking of them fondly again today!
I could have done a double portion, instead of my entree, and been very happy!
The porketta, partner reported, was fork-tender, flavorful and well seasoned, and
a generous portion size. Accompanied by real mashed potatoes, and sauteed zucchini,
for once he ate his vegetables!
My entree, a simple tuna salad sandwich with coleslaw and fries, was okay.
The fries were also light, not oily.
I do feel the tuna needed more seasoning (dill, pepper, pickle or onion?)
but it tasted freshly made. The coleslaw was a little bland, needed a kick of vinegar.
However, overall, the service was EXCEPTIONAL, with alert, friendly professional staff,
with a positive attitude.
My food choices will be different when I return (and we will go back), as I was
watching the plates brought out to other diners.
The papperdelle special looked very good, something I wished I had ordered.
Heaping salads and seafood platters looked like good value, too.
However, dessert was so good, so rich, so generous a portion, that we both felt
guilty, even though we split it between us. A large individual cheesecake, with
pecans, caramel, chocolate and whipped cream, created a version of a
swordfight with forks, as we each angled to eat this concoction.
My iced tea was even tasty.
I made a point of complimenting the manager on the overall experience, and said we
would come back, and she was very charming and gracious.
The cost for the two of us, with appetizer (shared) beverages, entrees and (shared dessert)
was $50.00 including tip, average for a decent night out. I would suggest this place for casual
dining in an informal and unhurried atmosphere. The servers know their stuff, and were helpful in making suggestions about ordering, without being pushy. Portions sizes are generous---I imagine many take home a "doggy-bag". Give it a try, we felt it was worth it.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Saving Rock Roasting Company has a great menu and the food is always good. The people who work there are pleasant and its great to be able to sit outside and watch the world go by.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I agree with everything (good) the other reviewers have written; great food; great selection, nice atmosphere, never a bad meal & I've been back again & again. The menu is very extensive with specials that change frequently; most of the time when I go we sit at the bar and the service there is always good; you can sit outside on a little patio when the weather is nice; the stuffed clams are the bomb!