“Worst dining experience ever and when I complained got an apology and some credit off the bill but our family dinner was ruined ”
Review of Chuck's Steak House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chuck's Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Arrived wednesday 5 pm waiter acted like we needed a reservation and the place was empty. I so wish they said sorry we can not accommodate you because -
Ordered right away never got a drink refill food came out all different times and temperatures were all wrong had to send 3 or more meals back to be redone, the last steak to come out was beyond rare - they probably forgot it and slapped it on the grill for 2 mins. And by this time half of us were done eating. I sent my steak back and it came back without the side or teriyaki sauce . Very disappointed didn't even have a drop of water on my glass to swallow an Advil. I expressed concern and the waiter said sorry there are only 2 of us. Geez guess I better ask how many people are working next time before we sit down . The place did get busy but they are not equipped to handle full service.

Branford
“Down HIll”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Not as good as it use to be..use to be our favorite place.

Visited March 2012
“Good food, great value”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stopped for lunch after being recommended by a colleague. The restaurant has changed hands & I was familiar with new ower's old restaurant so I was curious to try for lunch which is served until 3 pm. The restaurant is clean & a bit brighter. The menu has changed extensively. I had grilled chicken, baked potato, l/t garnish (waste of veggies) & salad bar for 9.95. Hubby ordered pork chop but they wouldn't serve it as they said the size delivered was not up to their standards. He went with prime rib on a baquette w/horseradish sauce. He said it was excellent & mine was very good. My only complaint is the Muzak was too loud. The service was good, we appreciated the server's honesty & recommendations. We will return.

• Visited March 2012
Orange, Connecticut
“Good...But not the Chuck's I remember...”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

It has been several years since we have been to Chuck's. We heard about their new menu and renovations and wanted to give it a try. We were seated promptly, greeted by our server just as quickly. The new menu offered a wide selection of dining alternatives all looked tempting but we decided to fall back on old favorites. I ordered the steak filet and my wife had the lobster tail, both were prepared as ordered but left a little something to be desired in the quality department. The filet had more fat than you would expect for a high quality filet and the lobster tail was a better choice. The salad bar had many choices, most were beans or peppers, lacking in the vegetable selection, romaine lettuce, no iceberg.
The renovations and cleaning really helped improve the atmosphere, but the noise level was higher than I remembered. Just as we were leaving I realized that while there was live music from the bar there was also canned music in the dining area, a sound competition that made conversation difficult if not impossible.
We decided to remember Chuck's the way it was....

• Visited March 2012
Connecticut
“Great steak house - new menu”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We have been going to Chuck's since we were kids.

It has always been a top notch steak house.

They have now introduced a new menu, which has the standard steak fare plus some other interesting items.

I always liked their salad bar.

This time, I had the grilled salmon which was delicious. My wife had the filet mignon which she said was perfect. The wait staff was very attentive.

Their prices are on par with other major steak house chains.

• Visited December 2011