“Great price for a clean, convenient motel”
Review of Super 8 West Haven

Super 8 West Haven
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Haven
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While this Super 8 isn't in the most beautiful neighborhood, it is strategically located right off interstate 95. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms are large, clean with amenities other budget motels (Motel 6, Econolodge) do not have. Large tv with expanded cable, hair dryer, fridge, and microwave are standard. Internet is fast and reliable. The parking lot is large and well lit. I got a reduced rate having stayed 3 days.

Room Tip: can be tricky to locate. if you get off I95, keep your eyes open for the Super 8 sign far to the ri...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 9, 2013

During a 12-day road trip through the Northeast/New England, we stayed at 4 dfferent facilities, and this one is definitely at the bottom of the pile. First, the upsides, and there are a few: the place is located right off I-95 and is easy enough to find. It's at the end of a dead-end street, so there's no traffic to speak of and even with the interstate close by, it's pretty quiet. The rooms were adequately sized and clean. Now for the rest of it: When we checked in, the clerk on duty (we called him "Mr. Personality") didn't even speak to us, just shoved our keys under the protective glass and went back to whatever he was doing. When we checked out, he was back at the post, and when I told him we were leaving, all I got was a dismissive wave. I had to request a receipt, which he grudgingly handed over. The "complimentary breakfast" consists of cold cereal, watery coffee, juice, white bread for toast and pre-packaged danishes. There is no place to sit down, so you have to carry it all back to the room, where we had a desk, but no desk chair. When I was in the shower, the grab bar came out of the wall in my hand - good thing I didn't really need it. I realize Super 8 is for economy, but I've stayed at other Super 8 locatons which were vastly superior to this one. For what we paid for the rooms, we should have done much better. If we ever have to stay in the New Haven area again, we'll be looking somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Garry C
Reviewed July 25, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Janet P
Reviewed July 4, 2013

i stayed at the super 8 in milford rgw pewvious week and had a nice stay at a great rate when booking in advance3 through hotels.com. This week I needed a hotel on the fly and booked over the phone throiugh the same venue...price not asw good at the last minute buy was pleased at the cleanliness and amenities in the room. very nice. Unfortunately the first room they put me in had the a/c button broken and it was an ice box..so I had them change my room. A few2 doors down the same room and all was well until the middle of the night I start scratching. I put the lights o nand looked around but didnt look too closely. By the next morning I had welts all over which are now starting to swell and get infected and bleed. I KNOW they were bed bugs, as this has happened to me once before in another state. i alerted the hotel front desk who took note....but am now going to talk to the mgr and complain as I am in hell right now from the itching, swelling and open sores. I will NEVER stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank queenofthesea
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Super 8 is designed for economy, not luxury. That's fine; exactly what I was looking for. The rates were extremely reasonable (about $70), and a short cab ride to my conference at Yale Divinity School. The staff were incredibly kind, and the motel itself was actually located just off a marina, so a short walk could have brought nice water ambiance, if I had time. Room had 2 beds, coffee maker, microwave, and little fridge. When my fridge didn't work, they brought in a new, working one immediately. Basic continental breakfast was available: cereal and pastries, coffee. It was a good value for the price. I found the area quiet, and also near a mall.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Motel 6 Milford
Motel 6 Milford
#8 of 13 in Milford
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale

Been to Super 8 West Haven? Share your experiences!